Harnesses

Kevin (Mr T)

Luke it is then!

I have a set for sale at he moment (basically brand new).

Was mis-sold them by another member as they have longer lap belts which won't work for me as my seat is mounted all the way back and I'm on the skinny side so the straps end up too long.

If they will work for you then would save you a bit of cash.

Dave

Was mis-sold them by another member as they have longer lap belts which won't work for me as my seat is mounted all the way back and I'm on the skinny side so the straps end up too long.

Dave

I would probably have the same problem. I'm not that big and sit right back.

Not sure what colour yours are, but I really want black.

Kev

Dave

I can't for the life of me see how i mis-sold them to you, If I did i apologise and will buy them back off you.. They fitted me fine, as I said im my reply to your wanted post I got a deal on a set of scroths. I think I even pointed you in the direction or Daves build blog so you could read up on what he had done with them.

Shaun

I should also add that the longer sections are replaceable!

depending on the type of seat and interior trim you have, different lengths of lower strap are required on the lap belts. (So that the adjusters clear seat cut-outs, trim etc). Whenever I've spoken to Luke he's usually had a few  of these in the commonly required lengths in stock. Custom lengths are available to special order.

I can't for the life of me see how i mis-sold them to you, If I did i apologise and will buy them back off you.. They fitted me fine, as I said im my reply to your wanted post I got a deal on a set of scroths. I think I even pointed you in the direction or Daves build blog so you could read up on what he had done with them.

Shaun

Apologies,  on reflection missold sounds totally unfair so apologies for that. Comes across totally wrong reading it back.

I obviously wasn't aware that they were longer than 'normal' lapbelts when I bought them but again, apologies that my post sounds wrong (that wasn't my intentions).

As Dave says, shorter lap belts are available and I gave Luke my measurements etc and they were out of stock. Gave him a wee chase a while back but might have sorted out another set hence why back up for sale.

Dave

Can you all please play nicely in my thread :d I'm already stressing about what the Westy is going to look like when I pick it up tomorrow!

Apologies,  on reflection missold sounds totally unfair so apologies for that. Comes across totally wrong reading it back.

I obviously wasn't aware that they were longer than 'normal' lapbelts when I bought them but again, apologies that my post sounds wrong (that wasn't my intentions).

As Dave says, shorter lap belts are available and I gave Luke my measurements etc and they were out of stock. Gave him a wee chase a while back but might have sorted out another set hence why back up for sale.

Dave

No worries Dave, I was more worried about the fact that I may have mis-sold them than what you put! I was frantically searching all of my posts with my finger over the refund button on paypal!

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with Luke's Racelidz harness, with a JK Composites seat, fixed quite far back. It is true that the adjusters are quite low on the sides, but as it is a pull up adjustment for the lap straps it doesn't cause a problem. There is still plenty of spare strap to grab hold of, to yank up!

IIRC, you had the size down from the largest JK seat in the drivers side. With the larger size, where it's closer to the sides of the cockpit, I'm told the adjusters can be more of an issue. Though as you say, grabbing the belt itself, to pull up, is still easy.

I don't have a problem with Luke's Racelidz harness, with a JK Composites seat, fixed quite far back. It is true that the adjusters are quite low on the sides, but as it is a pull up adjustment for the lap straps it doesn't cause a problem. There is still plenty of spare strap to grab hold of, to yank up!

Only an issue if on runners and need to have seat well forward as well as back.

i.e. Short & Tall as with Me n my SWMBO