Tally Ho Classic Car Run WW2 airfields of Lincolnshire Sun 16th Aug

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Thanks to Trevturtle we were able to measure the sound level from the position of the camera and also directly in front at the same distance, the meter did not exceed 96 decibels. Should be be ok to use a Jet Provost at most UK track days then :p  

Well that was a very good day but a little exhausting! Left home at 7.30am, returning at 7.30pm having covered 264 miles, phew!

Some good roads, many pretty villages and driving on former runways were some of the highlights whilst on the move :yes: . Running up the Jet Provost was the highlight of the non driving time together with the usual chat :yes: . However, the lowlights were food, or lack of it at the lunch stop  :no: and almost missing the…..er….. almost a cream tea!  :no:

Although Sue and I have visited some of the RAF memorials before, we would like to have stopped at all of them and some of the other significant features but there was not time in the schedule. I think it was an airfield too far!

image_zps3uxve4ag.jpg

image_zpshulizstw.jpg  

• Like 1

A good view from the tail end charlie/Bumblebee position

Brmmm

Lunch at RAF Metheringham

RAF Metheringham 'Lunch'

Martyn feeling the need to noise test Emma.. I didn't find Emma was too loud:-)

Martyn DB Max checking Emma?

A village..somewhere in Lincolnshire

A lincolnshire village

• Like 2

Here is the GoPro video of the (start of the) Day; I'd hoped while i'm still testing, that time lapse would last longer than the normal full frame recording time -  but it seems it doesn't and it tops out at 2 hours anyway when the battery dies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TOBclKomE

I'll keep experimenting, I now think time lapse just makes it look like we went in a straight line. It is in 4K so you can fiddle with the youtube options if you have the ability to show it; and i'll try something different next time, however pausing it looks fairly good. 

And just to test..

2015-08-16%2013.11.19.jpg

2015-08-16%2013.11.36.jpg

Great day

Sean. 

Thanks all for posting all your fun comments. It is nice to see some other photos too, and the video is a real treat.

Thanks everyone, the laughs continue even after the event.

Julie

Here is the picture that was taken of the cars in front of the Provost Jet Engine. It is not a great copy I am afraid.

Provost%20Jet%20Engine%20001%20-%20Copy_

• Like 1