Thoresby park sprint - CANCELLED

MarkBishop

Just found out Thoresby park sprint 12th & 13th of september is cancled due to track condition check out there club web site for more info.

Mark

Nooooooooo :( :( :(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :cry:

Bollix!

That will be the end of Thoresby event IMHO

Nick, are there any other events that can be offered in place of this ?

Plenty of room to enter the September Ty Croes if you have not already done so

Or October as well!

I was about to enter. Pete mentioned issues with subsidence when I saw him yesterday.

May have to bite the bullet and enter Ty Croes now

Plenty of room to enter the September Ty Croes if you have not already done so

Or October as well!

Entered October.

But taking me Dad to Oulton for BSB September, so no chance of getting rid of low points now :(

Thanks Mark for starting this off.

Here is the formal announcement from NSCC facebook page

Thoresby Park 12th & 13th September 2015

We greatly regret the Nottingham Sports Car Club must announce that the events at Thoresby Park on the dates above have been cancelled due to the unsatisfactory state of the track surface.

We have notified the Estate of our concerns after the events in 2014, and have been constantly in discussion with Thoresby Estate. In several places the damage, which appears to be due to mining subsidence, requires major reinstatement. As of the date of this announcement, the Club is not confident that these repairs can be completed in time to hold the events and has therefore had to make the decision to cancel.

The late Dr Dick Raynes gave his full support to running sprint events on the Estate and the Club remains committed to keep the venue available for such events in the future. We will continue discussions with the Estate with a view to holding the events in 2016. This decision will be made early in the New Year, before the Supplementary Regulations are published.

All entry fees for the above events will be returned in full to competitors during the next week.

The Committee of Nottingham Sports Car Club – 7th August 2015

Nick, are there any other events that can be offered in place of this ?

From memory of arranging the calendar I don;t think so. Also with us having so many events it's unusually to add any but of course is allowed by our regs as unlike others clubs there is some leaway in them  :d  :d

I hope no one is short of sprints due to this.

Damn and double damn. I really enjoyed this circuit and felt I wasn't too far away from tt without all the bhp of faster cars.

Was looking forward to it and decided on this rathr than Curbrough, wrong decision, and now too late for me.

I am now, will have to enter Anglesey in October as well as September if I can.

Thats a shame Jason, i feel your at a bit of a disadvantage at Anglesey because your down on power a bit :-(

Ive booked in for October, on the plus side i can take the Mrs and it counts as a weekend away!! 

• Like 1