I feel dirty....

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Just spent ninety odd quid in the Caterham Parts Store  :blush:  :oops: 

To make it even worse, after checking out, it popped up my purchase history, (or at least the one since they created new accounts and log ins for everyone a few years back), it would appear I've spent nearly six hundred quid in there  :suspect: in that time.

Back in the shower now, I just can't seem to get clean!  ;) 

:getmecoat: 

• Like 2

Burn the witch.

Now where's my pitch fork

Just some switches this time, nothing too exciting. The plan all along was to use an Arduino or similar to control the indicators/lights/wipers, but I ended up deciding I'd got quite a bit of non standard stuff in key areas, that to try and avoid making IVA to complicated, I'd just fit some standard rocker switches, temporarily.

Now it's time to crack on with the final details!

Dare I say it, but I bet they had it in stock and will be delivered on time? :getmecoat:

Just some switches this time, nothing too exciting. The plan all along was to use an Arduino or similar to control the indicators/lights/wipers, but I ended up deciding I'd got quite a bit of non standard stuff in key areas, that to try and avoid making IVA to complicated, I'd just fit some standard rocker switches, temporarily.

Now it's time to crack on with the final details!

I have similar plans Dave - std rockers for ease of IVA, but plan to redo the entire dash inc steering and switches over winter - will be interested to see what you do :)

and cheaper

Last order I had with Caterham I cancelled after five weeks as there was still no stock date. They're all much of a muchness really, from experiences I've had.

in fact the only place I've never personally had a delay from, is Car Builder Solutions!

At ni sty quid for four switches, that still need contact bases, I don think cheap comes into it. I just think they look nice, I hope they're well made and feel quality though, or I'll be gutted.

Dave, to avoid initial disappointment, they don't feel quality until you fit the contact blocks. Caterham, only supply them with momentary push buttons and no contact blocks The contact blocks are RS Part no.219-5453 (2 N/O contacts)

If you need to change any to latching, you can buy a latching button item from RS Part no.331-4908. (You then have to pull the button apart and transfer the Caterham lamp cover and lamp to the Latching item).

Yeah, I want them momentary to use as triggers for the Arduino, so that's OK.

Actually just came on here to look for the RS part numbers so that's great Ian.

I know what you mean quality wise. It's not bad as such, the materials feel OK, it's just the button "action" that's a bit meh. I was hoping the terminal blocks might help with that!

There's a nice defined clunk with the blocks fitted.

• Like 1

Excellent!

Contact blocks arrived now.

Overall, i'm pleased with them as assembled units; the switch action isn't what I was particularly expecting, I'm not sure just what it reminds me of, but it's not "Automotive!" I guess I've just got so used to soft touch, short travel buttons in cars that it becomes a sort of expectation!

That said, you're spot on, they have a nice defined clunk when pressed, a really positive action with none of that did I actually press the button, or just worry it a a little, you get with so many switches nowadays. And they feel way better than the usual suspects.

I suppose I'd better knock myself up a temporary panel to fit them in for testing/arduino development.

I think you should be reported to the Moderators!! :laugh:

• Like 1