Cat and Fiddle, The Square Route of Buxton, Sat 8th August

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet 10 am at The Cat and Fiddle pub, Buxton Road, Macclesfield, SK11 0AR on Saturday 8th August. Not for a maths lesson but to take a square route north, then west and I will let you guess the rest.

I am going for quality not quantity, it is not my longest of routes but I am guessing everyone will have travelled to get to the start.

It's a summer weekend and I can't find any car show/events to go to, so I am making my own merriment, everyone is invited and it's free.

Weather is forecast good, who is coming?

Hi Julie.

Have you ever thought about moving to the coast.

Nice in Yorkshire.

I'll see you there!

Thanks Dave, see you there.

Geoffry,

If you leave Scarborough at 8am you can be in Buxton for 10 am, it's not a coincidence!!

Julie

Hi Julie.

Now there is an offer.

I am looking forward to the dales but I have the last week of August off.

Happy to travel over for a good run during that week if you want to organise something.

For me to get to Buxton in two hours is a push.

I used to stay with friends there and it was always around 3 hours for me.

Would be good if we could meet somewhere in the middle type thing.

Yes I am up for it weather permitting. See you there. Dave knows my car he likes to push it....

Yes I am up for it weather permitting. See you there. Dave knows my car he likes to push it....

:p  :d 

Hi Julie,

Are you passing anywhere close to me where I could join in?

Weather forecast looks to good to miss so I guess we will be there  :westy:  :)

Matt,

I have just had a look at the map and you can meet me at Baslow (we have unfinished business on the 13 bends) if you fancy the run through the Peak District, or the most direct way, is for you to come down into Buxton past Dove Holes on the A6, where there is the Wye Bridge Hotel on your left, and I can meet you there just let me know.

Geoffrey,

I get your idea but the roads in the Peak District are what I hunger for i.e steep, twisty, second gear and floor it uphill. I don't go for breaking speed limits and doing the ton does not do it for me. The eastern England flat lands is what lies between us where the only thrill is top speed so I am very sorry to decline your offer and I will continue to try and tempt you into my land.

All,

Speaking of which, I have done Saturday's route today as I am not familiar with the route, and blooming heck, what amazing roads sit north of Buxton and the views are not bad too! The Cheshire boys - 6carjon and Dave - probably know them but I reckon MartynV/Sue, Matt and us are in for a real treat. I can't wait.

Hi Julie.

Comments noted.

I am also not interested in the speed and much prefer the country scene.

Yeah there are some fantastic roads in that general area. But it's always nice to follow someone else's lead and find news ones, or even different approaches to ones you already know!

If we go in the right direction follow me from taddington to bakewell, it is a good one.....

• Like 1

Martyn what time are you leaving Tamworth tomorrow thanks rob

Hi Rob, we plan to leave Tamworth around 8am, do you want to meet somewhere?