DRLCW's aka Daylight Running Light Cycle Wings

Quinten

Am stumped.  After trying several connection methods, I resorted to connecting the DRLs direct on the battery, but as soon as I start the engine, they start to 'disco'. Will have to revisit the wiring completely  :cry:   Indicators work fine, so absolutely flabbergasted  :down:

That's usually because of a low voltage  getting to the LED's.     Stick your voltmeter across one of the lamps when they are on, you should still get 12v. showing on the meter.   Hopefully you have wired them in parallel and not in series, in which case you'll have 6V showing. with 2 led's in series.

The problem for the moment is that I can't access the connections (underneath the nose-cone).  They are definitely wired in parallel.

• 1 month later...

I will follow up with a video when I can drag my son away from his Xbox long enough, but they are finally working as they should!

2015-09-20+17_53_33.jpg

• Like 1

Shame they were such a pain to get working, as they look like a good idea. Will be interesting to hear if you feel you get noticed more easily