New member, new engine

McDuff

Hi John

I've logged on as you using my Admin powers and your PM is working fine.  You just need to click on the envelope icon at the top right of the forum screen. just to the left of your user name, to access your PMs.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi,  anyone know where I can get an exhaust stainless strap to fit what looks like a 6 inch diameter box?

Saw one on ebay, not sure whether it's the right type?

Cheers..........................John

Hi John, watch that ground clearance on the sump, the 1.9 sits a lot lower than the 1.6. I've done the same conversion and ended up shortening the sump. Get ready for a hell of a lot

more torque from the 1.9.

Hi John, watch that ground clearance on the sump, the 1.9 sits a lot lower than the 1.6. I've done the same conversion and ended up shortening the sump. Get ready for a hell of a lot

more torque from the 1.9.

It's my old engine and the sump was the same height as the 1600? Still could be an issue though.

I sort of miss it........................ alot!

Stage 3 head and a shed load of torque, is it running yet?

• Like 1

Help, calling International Rescue, or WSCC,  or anyone................

Things seemed to be going so well, engines swapped, connections and a few upgrades proceeding, but this pm I found the clutch pedal as far back against the footwell as it would go, no play at all, and the cable underneath the car loose with about 2 inches of travel forward to back.  

No linkage at all, it would seem.

Type 9 gearbox, mondeo 2 litre clutch, 1900 CVH.

All seemed to go together well last week ,

I REALLY, REALLY  don't want to have to take the engine out again..............

Tricky and Martin Van Z have been really helpful as usual, with timely advice and they continue to try and seek a solution.

Have I disturbed the clutch arm/loosening or dislodged the retaining clips?

Most important is it fixable without the services of an engine hoist?

Anyone had similar issues, if so how were they resolved?

Exasperatedly..........................John