ebay rules

pre-lit steve

I have sold something on ebay and the winning bidder hasn't been in touch since winning Thursday night, how long do I have to wait before I can sell it on and report them cheers.

Ten days.

Have you tried contacting them.

You can also request through eBay their phone number.

You can open a non-payment dispute after 2 days, although personally I send them an invoice first and then give them a few more days incase they've gone away on holdiay for a few days etc.

4-days after you have opened the dispute and assuming they haven't paid then it can be closed, your fees refunded and you can then relist the item.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Invoice has been sent and no word of payment so i was assuming cash on collection but no reply from the buyer, they did say that they would collect at weekend! 

I have just gone through the resolution process with ebay for a non paying, non communicating "buyer". There was a four day wait while ebay gives the person a chance to pay. If they don't pay before the deadline then you get your sellers fee credited and you can relist.

Anyone want a piano?

Allan

Wow, was ten days last time I had to go through the process, too. Much more reasonable time scales now!

I had someone buy a large item

Pay with paypal

Then no contact for 3 weeks

I was doing my nut

I now add to the bottom of the listing" buyer to contact me within 24 hours of auction end to arrange collection"

I sold a television 5 months ago. It was paid for immediately but still hasn't been collected!

I sold an old, very heavy, spares and repairs Loewe Aconda tele last year; it needed parts, so didn't expect or want anything much for it, I just wanted someone to take it away without me having to break my back lifting it.

Sold as strictly collection only, South Cheshire. It was won by some one in South Manchester, I forget how much for now, but say a fiver. The guy got in touch the next day after winning. Really apologetic, hadn't realised I lived so far away, (about forty minutes!) said to keep the money (he'd already paid), but that he couldn't collect it! Ended up having to take it to the tip myself.

Had the same experience myself recently. Although the listing fee will be refunded by ebay, other costs such as a reserve fee are not, and that has left me out of pocket.

Problems like this generally occur with buyers who haven't really done much on eBay before or who just aren't very computer literate.

I remember my father using eBay for the first time, the way he was acting you'd think it was an alien world, far too much information to take in all at once. He constantly worried that he'd click the wrong thing and give away all his money to some cyber criminal, but then a pop up ad showed up telling him he'd won a new car/holiday/cash prize, he clicked on it and started entering all his personal information *facepalm*.

It used to be possible to prevent bids from people with less than a given feedback number.

I sold a television 5 months ago. It was paid for immediately but still hasn't been collected!

What are you doing with the telly?