RIP Bianchi

John K

Sad news that Bianchi passed away last night.

A sobering reminder that motor sports are dangerous.

Yes very sad indeed. :(

Was only reading the fathers statement the other day, what a sad development.

Very sad. He was a real talent of the future, getting the Marussia to perform way past its capabilities. There was some really bad track management in that race, hopefully his accident has improved track safety.

No doubt he will be remembered along with Roger Williamson , Tom Pryce ,Tony Brise   rising stars who had shown a remarkable talent and were cruelly taken away from us .

RIP Julian    

Very tragic

Expect Schumacher must be imminent too sadly

I think Michael Schumacher's condition is a lot better than Bianchi's ever was. So sad though. I'd kinda expected this following his Father's press release about a week ago where he talked about Jules not wishing to live on as Michael is. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd simply had his life support withdrawn and allowed to peacefully pass away.

I've seen a few other suggest it, and is had the same thought myself, but I'd be very receptive to the idea of the FIA / FOM retiring his number (17 I think) from future use.

It is so sad, Piston nailed it with his roll call...

So many, so young...

Yes they all knew the risks, and I guess some of us can remember when the seasons survival rates was barely 30%, but nowadays to lose anybody is a shock....

Thus far I have not made a comment. I still cannot because nothing is adequate to do justice to the tragedy of the loss of such a young and talented man.

• Like 1

Goodbye Jules.

You could have been there with the best.