Any Plumbers here..?

John K

Was hoping there might be some plumbers who also own Westies...

I've got a TRV to radiator tail I want to reuse, but its got quite a bit of old jointing compound on it.

I have a brand new Terrier Pegler II without a tail (dont ask) and cant seem to buy a tail only.

And dont want to buy a whole new TRV just for the tail.

Any tips how to remove the compound without damaging the brass olive? And the captive nut is in the way for a brute force attack so was hoping to soften or disolve it. Which I'm guessing it is pretty resistant to...

Cheers

IIRC, jointing compound is basically lime and rape seed oil. So something that attacks those maybe?

Personally when i've done taps/radiators i've just left the old stuff on there and it's been fine.

IIRC, jointing compound is basically lime and rape seed oil. So something that attacks those maybe?

Personally when i've done taps/radiators i've just left the old stuff on there and it's been fine.

I know and I'm perfectly happy to leave it on the threads but there is just something that doesn't sit well with me seeing it on the compression face of the olive...

Nylon pan scoured.

You da man Tricky...

Polished up lovely, olive is clean as you like - Thanks..!

Hopefully that will be the last rad plumbed up this weekend.

• Like 1

Tricky is the MAN! But has he told you? HE HATES PLUMBING!

He came to our rescue when our original plumber let us down and sorted everything.:-)

• Like 1

Tricky is the MAN! But has he told you? HE HATES PLUMBING!

He came to our rescue when our original plumber let us down and sorted everything.:-)

You know what they say John, a friend in need is a ............... Lol.

Usually when some bodyneeds a friend who is a plumber, they are a friend up to their ankles in sewage..!