'Transparent' truck - interesting idea

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

If it's that Samsung truck with the monitor on the back (haven't clicked the link) then I hate it - why on earth would you trust anybody or anything other than you're own eyes and judgement when it comes to overtaking?

Erm...

Two potential problems that I can see.

1, some texting numpty will not notice its an image and try to drive through the truck.

2, risk takers will just use it as an excuse to cut things really close.

I'd rather have the feed from the truckers dashboard TV, means I'll get to watch some decent smut in the jams..!

What's the point?

You'd overtake it and get stuck behind a van or some knob in a 4x4, which are equally as hard to see around AND when you consider they'll probably put their foot down when you pull out, are effectively longer than a HGV to boot.

i thought this was going to be some see through trailer to stop all the people trying to get in the back of the trailers at calais lol

• Like 1

If the truck was showing 'Blazing Saddles' ,   I would never overtake.