Oil catch tank "plumbing"

Quinten

Recently bought an oil catch tank to replace the wedged oil container in between chassis and bodywork and am looking for suitable hose and a Y piece. Specifically, I am looking for this shape

$_57.JPG

but the only one I can find is in the wrong size. Does anyone know where I can find one like this in 5/8" (16mm) ? And what sort of hose I should be looking at? Probably need about 3m in total to replace the current setup.

Cheers

Q.

You'll find the right sizes on eBay for sure, the hose doesn't matter too much, it needs to be able to cope with temps of say 150C at the crankcase, but silicon hose can be porous to oil and might get messy.

The ones I find are either 1) not saying what temps they are good for, or 2) not high enough... and as for the T/Y piece... well, like I said, I can't find it in the right size, unless it is called something completely different?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-Y-Piece-Connector-Joiner-Hose-Pipe-Tube-Joiner-Rubber-1-2-5-10-50-/221282529731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item791cb18119#ht_3652wt_1254

It says 120 degrees but I suspect that'll be fine - presumably it'll be mounted relatively far away from the crank case anyway.

I just use normal rubber fuel/oil hose. Works fine.

• Like 1

Cheers, that sort of Y piece is easy to find, so I've resigned myself to using one of those instead of the one I would have liked as pictured above. Maybe I'm just overthinking it all...

That's exactly what I was after...  I say was, cos I bought a 'normal' T piece this afternoon, minutes before you posted  :down:   I'll console myself that it was a lot cheaper ;)

Aslong as the hose is oil/fuel resistant hose any will do.

plenty on ebay can be bought in different lengths if you search 'oil resistant hose'

2015-07-11+14_16_52.jpg

And done. Not sure if you can see it on the picture clear enough, but I've put the T-piece in so that the crankcase and oil cap are 'in-line' with the junction going towards the catch tank. That should hopefully keep the majority of oil inside the engine, and not in the catch tank...