Replacement Seats for a Pre-lit

Kevin (Mr T)

The topic says it all really.....

I want to swap out the original "built-in" seats for some kind of high back racing seat.

The options appear limited, because of the lack of space available in such a narrow body.

To be honest, I'm doing quite a bit to the car at the moment, so I don't really want to spend the sort of money I would need to on the likes of Tillets, if I can avoid it.

Any alternative suggestions would be well received.

Personally, I have mine with the 5 pad set. It costs a little bit more, but it really looks good!

One thing, as a happy customer of JK Composites, I wouldn't personally recommend the single skin "shell" version. It just doesn't give enough support, too flexible in my opinion. Go for the double skin version, and it is much less flexible and is therefor in my opinion worthwhile, even if you have no intention of using runners but just bolting it to the floor.

Personally, I have mine with the 5 pad set. It costs a little bit more, but it really looks good!

One thing, as a happy customer of JK Composites, I wouldn't personally recommend the single skin "shell" version. It just doesn't give enough support, too flexible in my opinion. Go for the double skin version, and it is much less flexible and is therefor in my opinion worthwhile, even if you have no intention of using runners but just bolting it to the floor.

Is that something you specify, their website isn't that comprehensive. I am a lightweight, would that make a difference?

Full Monty!

IMG_20150611_164907549.jpg

They look the absolute nuts! Would it be rude to ask how many pennies?

bear in mind I think a pre lit is narrower than a narrow I've got some seats like the caterham ones and some of the back of seats had to be relieved round the seat belts harness bolts

I think from memory the drivers side is only 38cm wide I had to flex mine to get them in

Jou should give the lads at JK composites a ring and have a chat with them. They are very friendly people to deal with.

I went from lovely comfy seats to JK composites as I wanted a more weather proof seat and I have not been disappointed whatsoever.

I just had 8 days driving averaging 250 miles a day and I only had a sore ankle. The seats were super comfy and in my opinion they are worth every penny.

I can also recommend the jk's mine where Under £600 with pad set, five point harness holes & carbon tops.

3B0D9FCC-0C15-4A49-B647-ABE72EDB1209_zps

All great info, thanks. Will take some measurements and draw up a profile of the space between the sides and tunnel and then speak to the guys at JK.

Spending a small fortune on this little beast, but having an absolute hoot!

Well I have spent a blooming enormous fortune and I do not regret one penny. Just go with the flow and enjoy it.

The experience is better than sex and lasts a lot longer

Well I have spent a blooming enormous fortune and I do not regret one penny. Just go with the flow and enjoy it.

The experience is better than sex and lasts a lot longer

Don't think I will show this post to Mrs T! :d

• Like 1

I can also recommend the jk's mine where Under £600 with pad set, five point harness holes & carbon tops.

Snap :)
  • Like 1