Driving Licence address change £48?/

iain m

I moved house recently, yes it has a large brick garage with tiled roof.  I cannot believe the regulations involved in advising everyone we have regular dealings with of our address change. Everyone needs proof of ID plus a utility bill and arrive with both Grandparents which is difficult when you are 70 + +. Today I tried to change the address on our driving licences, full licence details, new address, old address, length of occupation, passport numbers, national insurance numbers, and finally " credit card details " followed by a request for £48 each?? That's when I hit the little red X, is this new a or have the DVLA just become aware of the lucrative income received by the passport office??.     

Don't forget to update your profile in here so your WW mags get to you safe and sound. :t-up:

/ducks and runs

It is free of charge!

You may have been on a scam site, please be very vigilant!

Hmm, it would appear that to replace my old falling apart paper licence is going to cost me around £100 near enough, and take months of faffing around! (Haven't got the I'd types they consider acceptable, so would basically need to get another passport!)

I think it might depend on whether or not you already have a photo license - free if you do, otherwise you have to pay to get your first one and ditch the old paper license.

Note for all - check your photo license as they need to be renewed every 10 years!  You might be driving around on an expired license.

Also a voluntary change is sometimes charged for, (like mine, where i don't "have" to replace the paper licence seems to have a charge), where as a change because material facts on the licence itself like a change of address, name etc don't always seem to be charged for.

We moved in October and we both had the old paper licenses so had to change to photocard - didn't charge us anything to do so

When I turned 70 I was issued with a photo licence and its renewed every 3 years FREE, Yes I have just renewed my membership and advised changes. I will have a go on the site suggested by  " the tall Dutch bloke" this evening. 

• Like 1

Also scam sites for the  European Healthcard charging various amounts.   It's free as well.

I am so careful to avoid all these scams, the site was top listed and did look like a genuine site with all the DVLA strap lines. I phoned my Brother in Law before posting and he paid £45 some 3 years ago. Thanks Quinten just logged on and changed the CEOs licence FOC, Strange how you can use your HMRC login details. Top advice from a top club, thanks all. 

Mine was free, and arrived within days...

Mine too - two and a half years ago. I had a vintage paper licence and a biometric passport so they took the photograph from their digital files and sent me a new licence F.O.C. and very efficiently. You have been robbed!

Sounds like a scam site, they're trying to get rid of them, I know there was a recent prosecution for someone running one, he'd made millions from it.