Oil Can Cafe, SATURDAY 27th June, DATE CHANGE!

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

There is a classic car rally starting and finishing at the Oil Can Cafe next Sunday, with a static display of cars at the end. 

Meet at The Strines Inn, 10.30 am for a WSCC run around the Peak District and maybe we will pop by the cafe later in the day for a brew and a nosey.

Who is up for this?   not MartynV and Sue, the lucky beggars are at Goodwood for the weekend.

Thats sounds great, Emma and I will be there.

Should be able to make this weather permitting cheers.

Sorry Julie, Goodwood FoS is a better offer for this weekend  :p

The weather forecast is very good for Saturday and has rain passing through on Sunday, so I am bringing this meet forward a day.

The time, 10.30 am and place, The Strines remain the same, it is just a day earlier.

We will not be going to the Oil Can Cafe anymore so it will be a run around the Peak District, just watch out for tunnels and Fords, they may be on the menu, yum yum.

See you there....10.30am, The Strines, Saturday 27th June.

Thank you to Sean/Emma and Steve for swapping things around at the last minute and making today happen. We were rewarded with unbroken sunshine, I even removed my hood bag, how confident is that.

Today we have been on Julie's 'Everything Tour' , so called because we seem to have done everything. Big windy roads, little windy roads, at one point very little roads, a tunnel and a ford across a river. We had lakes, trains, sausage sandwiches, ice cream and cake....with cream. I am exhausted just thinking about it.

Summer finally arrived at the Strines and we sat outside enjoying warm sunshine before heading off to Rudyard Lake, going past the Dragon' Back and Ramshaw Rocks. The Dragons Back is a hill near Earl Sterndale, actually called Chrome Hill, and it is very beautiful.

The Strines

Rudyard%20Lake%202015%20003_zpsohxbhxc0.

We arrived at the Hotel Rudyard.

Rudyard%20Lake%202015%20008_zpsnhnnkatf.

The Lake

Rudyard%20Lake%202015%20004_zpsrvmhhesz.

The train

Rudyard%20Lake%202015%20006_zpszlluqabv.

then we went through the tunnel.......

• Like 1

I passed the blue Westfield this morning, about 10:00 as we were on our way to Chatsworth House, but I was in the Alfa not the Westfield. We had great weather and watched the rehearsal and sound check for tonights Proms' concert.

Top day, enjoyed myself especially the tunnel and the flat spots! :t-up: cheers.

We went through the tunnel, I went first and boy, there was a lot of noise behind me, the teenagers on the Duke of Edinburgh trip at the other end loved it too. Just further on we picked up 2 very old cars who had obviously just done the same thing.

Rudyard%20Lake%202015%20020_zpsgcipdsxn.

We drove through the very tourist laden Ilam village and on to a very tourist laden Tissington for a quick cuppa before tackling the ford across the stream. Daft, or brave, I am not sure, but we made it. The car behind was not so sure and waited for us to do it first, watch the video at the end and see what you think.

We finished off at Monyash bikers cafe for tea and cakes.

Monyash

Rudyard%20Lake%202015%20022_zpsnybkavrl.

Thanks to everyone for coming today, my brakes work and my wheels lock, on junctions with no Give Way signs or white lines don't they Steve! We had a lovely mix of old, new and inbetween cars today, great to see them out, I hope you have enjoyed it, we have.

The video of the ford across the stream

https://youtu.be/3jX9X_NrYg0

• Like 2

Thanks guys really great day, was running low on fuel at the end so took a straight line back.

I feel better now I know that, hope you got home OK.

See you next time.