new member just saying hello

thethorne

Hello to all my name is Matt im 20 and im a new westfield owner Im an engineer/engine restorer from Reading. After owning a number of cars including a classic mini ,mazda mx5 and a civic type r I decided it was time to get something a little more dedicated and so I brought myself a restored 1992 narrow body westfield se, it has a standard 1.6 xflow engine (from a rs mexcio) with a 4 speed box ,rs2000 diff and English axel. I figured this was a good basis to start and learn from especially with me being so young. Over the winter I plan to tune my engine to around the 120hp mark as my job allows this easily and cheaply with the added benefit of learning more about the car. I plan on meeting with members at my local meet and being an active member of the forum offering any help I can and gaining knowledge as I go.

Thanks for reading Thethorne

• Like 2

:ww: And thanks for joining us!  :t-up: 

WOW I didn't realise how active this  stie was thanks for the quick replies guys

Good to have another mighty xflow owner

• Like 1

WOW I didn't realise how active this  stie was thanks for the quick replies guys

if you wanted the quiet life you joined the wrong club! welcome!!!

cheers

Panda

:ww:

Welcome, sounds a nice project - we'd love to see, and hear, more about it - we always love picture! (if you're not sure how to add pictures, just shout out  :yes: )

Sounds like you've had some other interesting projects too!

Thanks for all the replies seems a great forum in the week ive owned the car ive really enjoyed it at 20 insurance is a bit expensive its my second car so couldn't afford a modified one as insurance would cripple me hence why I plan to modify it over winter when its off the road as by next summer I will be 21.

thanks thethorne

as for pictures im a bit of a cave man I haven't had any kind of computer in over 5 years till last month so im leanring as I go but I will try give it a go if I can find out how.

thanks thethorne

Welcome to the best club in the world.