Megabusa Purchase

SJLB

I've been thinking of changing my car for a couple of months now (2.0 Zetec) and my heart finally won the battle over my head and I picked this up today...   Westfield Megabusa. It was built by a retired mechanic and although he loves the car he's just not able to drive it, he didn't anticipate how tricky the Megabusa is to drive and it's hardly been used. I think he would have been better off with a zetec or duratec maybe. Anyway, it's not like a lot of Busa's that are stripped back for track days, it's got a windscreen and heater which I prefer, I'll fit an RAC roll bar like on my zetec so I can use the half hood and doors for the chilly mornings and wet runs (I'm just not a aeroscreen person and prefer a modest degree of comfort I'm afraid). In my younger days I had loads of superbikes and raced them too so the high revs and clunky gears don't bother me, at least not yet!

DSC07679_zpslq8gvbbi.jpg

DSC07680_zpsmfyj4zgw.jpg

6a77aaa1-710c-4611-bb12-68408243cbb8_zps

• Like 2

Beauty! Yet to experience a BEC but I bet they're fun! :t-up:

Nice!  But kind of sad to see my old Westie move on already...  or has it?

Nice!  But kind of sad to see my old Westie move on already...  or has it?

Hi Q

the zetec will be advertised soon, probably over the weekend once I've had a chance to give it a good clean and take a few nice pics. It's a good reliable car but once I started thinking about getting a BEC I guess it was just a matter of time. Maybe I'll miss the drivability of the zetec but we'll see. I've been watching your progress with the crossflow on your posts and it looks like your spanner skills have certainly come a long way over the last year or so!

• Like 1

Lovely looking car :)

More pics of engine etc req please ;)

What ratio diff is in it?

BEC acceleration and clutch less up shifts ftw :d

Hi coskev, Rear diff is Sierra Cosworth. No sure of the ratio but 7500 rpm at 70mph which I believe is common.