I've never felt so productive!

benedwards64

Currently sat here tuned into Le Mans, and it has occured to me that I've had quite a busy day...!

Started this morning with a 62km cycle ride with a friend of mine around Oxfordshire. In the rain. I'm pretty pleased with that, given that it's the furthest I've ridden since the Palace to Palace last year.

Since getting back around lunchtime I have:

Caught up with Game of Thrones

Usual house stuff (cook lunch, do washing etc etc)

Set about the Westy - new mirrors all round, bonnet trim fitted, sump guard refitted, earthing problem solved, play in steering rack eliminated, exhaust blow traced to manifold gasket, new gaskets purchased, ready to be refitted tomorrow when I get some gasket paste to stick it all together!

Bit of light gardening - we have a row of espaliered apple/pear trees which need completely rewiring, so I've cleared out the old rusty sections to be replaced tomorrow.

Finally I nipped down to the supermarket for dinner and a few bits, currently settled in with the 24 Hours on enjoying a nice Bourbon.

Cheers everyone! :laugh:

temporary_zpskckuddnp.jpg

temporary_zpsgrk9f6mw.jpg

temporary_zpsk3kwryx6.jpg

temporary_zpsoppgyu0u.jpg

Spot the blow!

temporary_zpsh4tzedcm.jpg

temporary_zpsz5plh2ih.jpg

temporary_zpsehgxgbgo.jpg

• Like 3

A perfect day except for the cycling, gardening and Game of Thrones lol.

What's your choice of Bourbon?

I have a soft spot for Jim Bean or Markers Mark.

Thanks John. One can never have too mane sources of tinkering I find!  :laugh:

I'm usually a Buffalo Trace man, but was distracted by a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon - which has turned out to be rather nice!

Anyway, today's progress. All done and back together:

temporary_zpswynrxhgt.jpg

temporary_zpsceoz7axo.jpg

And a quick run out confirms everything is well. It's amazing how the little things can make such a massive difference :)

Gonna keep it now then Ben?

Probably. If someone turns up with a fist full of cash I might be tempted, but there's a lot of potential yet to be explored.

Probably. If someone turns up with a fist full of cash I might be tempted, but there's a lot of potential yet to be explored.

You know it makes sense, especially after all the work that has just been done

Get yourself booked onto Abingdon on 17th July.

12 Westfields so far. I can get you 20 mins free tuition as well

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/113580-abingdon-track-day-17th-july-2015-£129/

Cheers Gary. I'll keep an eye on that, but looks like I might be in the states with work that week :(