Whisper It!

Kevin (Mr T)

Does anyone know how close the dimensions of Caterham S3 bodywork is to that on a pre-lit Westy?

As Westfield can't supply replacements of any description, I'm wondering if I could order anything from the C word's parts catalogue.

I've got a funny feeling they won't give me much help me if I call!

One of our members in Luxemburg did this very thing I believe, hopefully he'll be along shortly.

going to be interested in this I think

So you're considering sacrilege ? :)

My car is an early SEI narrow, not a prelit, so what follows may or may not apply to your car.

And yes, while ordering parts at Caterham, don't mention the make of your car.

On my car, there is the scuttle and bonnet out of aluminium and the nosecone (plastic).

The sidepanels and rear are handmade. Lots of pics and how-to on my blog: see link below).

The most important changes are the following:

1) add height to the upper chassis rails by adding some aluminium braces. Thus you get the body lines correct where the scuttle and nose cone join the bonnet.

2) if you have a Xflow with two double carbs and a T9, you will have to put them a little back in the chassis, so that the holes in the bonnet match your setup

3) and point 2 then means that you need a shorter prop, and guess what? Psssst... there is a Caterham propshaft fitting perfectly.

I think the suspension on a Prelit is like Caterham, so you will not face the problem with the nosecone having openings at the wrong places as with mine.

Anyway, feel free to surf my blog, if you still have questions, I'm here :yes:

Cheers.

Jos

• Like 1