If you moved to Australia...

TAFKARM

you dont see that many aussies queing up to get over here , so there must be somat good about the place even if its just loads of room and not being taxed to death and freezing cold wet through half the time .

Australia is great..  much less political correctness, just say what you see - no worries!  Very friendly, even in the cities, beautiful country.

And then there's the pie shops :love:

Thats funny , my bro in law has lived there for almost 50 yrs , whenever he comes to visit says the only things he misses about england are the pies and fish n chips 

you dont see that many aussies queing up to get over here

You've not been to London recently!  They seem to come over in droves...

I've been to Aus a few times and you really need watch your speed - the "Anti Hoon" legislation and speeding fines are very severe compared to the UK, to the extent that even out in the sticks people keep to speed limits (although there are some derestricted stretches up north).

It also gets sufficiently hot that there are very few open cars around.  Not sure a Westie would be my first choice out there: go native and get a Holden Ute.

Thats funny , my bro in law has lived there for almost 50 yrs , whenever he comes to visit says the only things he misses about england are the pies and fish n chips 

And decent pubs, surely? The ones I encountered in WA were all Formica tables and fluorescent lighting. Doesn't help that the beer rubbish too, of course.

I wouldn't go to WA, I'd head to VIC.

And decent pubs, surely? The ones I encountered in WA were all Formica tables and fluorescent lighting. Doesn't help that the beer rubbish too, of course.

Forgot to mention no real pubs , it was a big issue in the early years , not so sure now , when my nephew first came to live with us his eyes were out like organ stops on his first visit to Liverpool , he wanted to see the insides of every pub we passed and take photos to show back home  :)

Forgot to mention no real pubs , it was a big issue in the early years , not so sure now , when my nephew first came to live with us his eyes were out like organ stops on his first visit to Liverpool , he wanted to see the insides of every pub we passed and take photos to show back home  :)

An old girlfriend of mine eloped to Australia with her married boss in 1970. She was 22 and he was 35. They now live in respectable retirement near Hobart in Tasmania and they live a comfortable life on her public sector pension. They despaired of the pub scene so built a pub bar of their own in their house. It's the Toby Jug - their son is called Toby. Now that's dedication to beer!  :cool:

A long lost friend of the family has (or had) a Westfield in Brisbane,Oz and Westfield have a few dealers over there so there must be a market.

After applying SPF50 just need to watch out for kangaroos or other large wildlife.

James Squire Amber and Golden ales are excellent and the weather there does make you thirsty.

See http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4371.asp for importing vehicles to Oz but I guess it's easier to buy one when there.

There's a brewery in WA called Margaret River Brewery and they do a lovely ale in the style of IPA, but mostly on my exposure to the place it was lager style mass produced stuff - fizzy and very pale.