Front Hubs Finish

Chris Hooper

I have sent the front hubs off to be blasted they come back Tuesday can anyone recommend how to finish them?

I would like them to keep them silver can I lacquer them or should I use paint if so which one ? They are much more on show than in an ordinary car.

seems ok to me but that is a clear laquer. my hubs were rust colour lol i had them blasted and they came back a silvery colour from the sand so i painted them with a high temprature matt black spray but i didnt laquer because i was goiong for a matt finish.

http://www.autosessive.com/products/80286/simoniz-very-high-temp-paint-black?gclid=CKWRqdKSh8YCFQTLtAodIS4AYQ

thats the paint i used left a good matt finish i also used a high temp primer aswell but carnt remeber what brand it was. and i gave a few coats to the hubs i used way more paint than i thought but i did also do all the calipers and the rear hubs

I sprayed them with primer then black top coat. Holding up ok

If you want to keep the "silver" finish I would primer and silver top coat. Like Dave Eastwood's engine block

I'm sure he'll be along to say what paint he used if it's not detailed in his build diary

You might get away with no primer coat if using a suitable paint

My engine high temp rattle can paint needed no primer and still looks good

on a side note just incase you use hammerite its not as good as it used to be seems really thin nowardays and takes alot of coats to cover

Dave used acid etch primer and halfords aluminium colour engine paint, as I have.

Last year I found an eBay seller that supplies high temp brush on industrial stove paint/enamel in large cans, i've used the stuff on my exhaust, it's 10x better than any of the expensive spray on paints.

This was gloss black and turns matt after exposure to heat, but i'm sure you can get this stuff in other colours.

I'm not convinced the hubs need temp resistant paint and I've no real interest in painting the hubs, but if I did I would use this stuff.

• Like 1

Last year I found an eBay seller that supplies high temp brush on industrial stove paint/enamel in large cans, i've used the stuff on my exhaust, it's 10x better than any of the expensive spray on paints.

This was gloss black and turns matt after exposure to heat, but i'm sure you can get this stuff in other colours.

That sounds good I don't suppose you have a link ?

Thanks