Anyone know this Westie for Sale, what do you think?

Onliest Smeg David

Anyone know this car, or any comments?

Westfield on Autotrader

A friend is thinking of going to look at it.

Looks OK to me, although single hoop roll bar would be advised to replace with braced one.

Strange, appears to have either the wrong wheel offsets or spacers on the rear?

Don't know the car but as mentioned, the rear end looks all wrong! If I were to get in it, I'd probably loose the arches when they come into contact with the tyres!

Might just be the pic but the o/s rear wheel looks to protrude from the arches more than the n/s too.

It's a Redtop so must be OK.     Good price for this spec.  If I was looking for a car this would be worth looking at.    Agree with the rear wheels, loose the spacers or buy new  wheels .

It looks reasonable enough. I'd make sure the friend understands the implications of a straight cut box - and can live with one!

Playing the guessing game is always tricky with these, but I'd also hazard a guess that it's been sprinted (or something similar) once or twice at some point in it's life. Whilst it's still very much in road trim, it also has a quick release wheel, common enough in itself, an FIA ignition kill switch, less common in non competition cars but does happen. A home label for the FIA switch - only competition requires them to be labelled. But above all, a yellow sleeved earth strap on the engine. Again, this is strictly a competition requirement so that marshals know which wire to cut in an accident.

None of that implies the seller is lying of course, but it may have history he's not aware of. So examine closely and thoroughly, and if he likes what he see's, excellent!

Perhaps someone has hastily taken off the sprinting wheel/tryes and chucked some others on to sell it as a road car - hence they don't fit properly. Or they took off their expensive split rims with 888's.

Nothing wrong with that but it makes me sad when they say "never seen a track". It's a track car!!!! :-0

I don't see why people would have a fear of cars that have been tracked... esp if you were thinking about doing it yourself even if only once a year. Its a good test that the car performs reliably. 

As with above comments , offset on wheels looks too much , the rear ride height does seem to be more than what I would be expecting . The pattern on the tyres looks like an old Avon pattern so would probably have been on there for a while , you could check date codes on the tyres if you view anyway . 

As Dave has noted a straight cut box for a road car wouldn't be my first choice

If you want to change to a RAC or MSA rollbar it would be a reasonable amount of work if he decided to keep the boot lid . 

Have a look at the headlamp brackets , what on earth possessed anyone to raise them , perhaps to make it easier to get the nose off or are the lights just very poor . 

They  make have been going for the Caterham look with the lights!