Anybody Got... A scuttle I can borrow for a few weeks?

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

As in the title; has anyone got - ideally collectible in the North West a spare or old ZK scuttle I could borrow for a few weeks please?

Condition is virtually irrelevant, as long as the half that runs from above the drivers legs down to the outside where it meets the tub and where it meets chassis in the engine bay are reasonably intact. Likewise, colour doesn't matter.

I'm just hoping to borrow something I can use for test mock ups while I build a new heater enclosure - I won't need to drill, cut or modify it in any way. I'm just trying to avoid either taking my own car off the road while I remove it's scuttle for the duration, or doing it by measurement alone, without any trial fits.

I should only need it for two or three weeks.

(For those that are curious, I want to move the heater to occupy the otherwise slightly dead space above the steering column, and that involves building a new "case" that fits the space and the angles, rather than just wedging a rectangular box in there...)

Dave,

My brand new, yet to be fitted one can be available if you don't get a better / closer offer. I'm not sure if I can spare it for 3 weeks though as I'm close to fitting my bodywork!

Best regards,

Ian

I have one Dave your welcome to, just a long way from you  :(

I have one Dave your welcome to, just a long way from you  :(

I don't suppose you're at any Speed Series events up in the Midlands/North West over the next few weeks or so?

Dave,

My brand new, yet to be fitted one can be available if you don't get a better / closer offer. I'm not sure if I can spare it for 3 weeks though as I'm close to fitting my bodywork!

Best regards,

Ian

Thanks Ian, much appreciated, knowing how close you are to needing it, I'll keep you as a last resort IFYSWIM!

I've also got a brand new unfitted one, which is many, many moons from being fitted. I'm in Neston, CH64 0SD so long as it comes back uninjured of course! Oh and I'm not apologising for it being orange

Thats great Kyle, if Marto's isn't going to be doable, I'll borrow yours if I may? Orange is no problem, I've got sun glasses! :d:p

• Like 1

Next event for me Dave is Blyton ?