Free Windows 10 upgrade

Kit Car Electronics

And heres me thinking our company was the only one still on xp.

We're still on XP in our company, and only just considering the merits of upgrading to Windows 7... may take a while for us to catch up ;)

Loads of companies/corporates are still on XP as the cost of migrating to newer version is huge if you have a lot of computers running on MS server software.

Makes my life hell as a web developer because it means I still need to develop sites to work with IE8 which is a big a pile of poop.

Loads of companies/corporates are still on XP as the cost of migrating to newer version is huge if you have a lot of computers running on MS server software.

Makes my life hell as a web developer because it means I still need to develop sites to work with IE8 which is a big a pile of poop.

Having only recently moved to Win7, for me it was the lack of time proven alternatives. XP worked well, but Vista was a pile of poo and I didn't trust Win7 until it'd proven itself.

But even now i'm forced to use an old XP laptop to continue using my pop3 email accounts, because there's no Outlook for Win7 and I don't have my account passwords to hand (years old) to move over to the replacement......

I've also lost the use of some very expensive software:

Nikons capture NX, which inexplicably will not work at all on Win7 (something to do with .Net versions that cannot be installed on Win7), I gave up after 3 days of installing and reinstalling and the undoing the mess all that left behind.

Corel Draw 9 which I bought many years ago and had to do some DLL hacks to make it work on Win7.

MS office 2000 just won't work and I can't justify buying the newer versions for the odd occasion I need it.

Various other tools, games, etc won't work.

Changing OS is a massive disruption and a massive step into the unknown :(

I'm never paying good money for software again if this is what's going to happen, time to fire up the old VPN and download some working copies.

The company I work for migrated to Windows 7 nearly 2 years ago from XP and we fixed all issues with older software not running on it. Lots can be don with compatibility mode and user account control settings that fix almost anything...