Free Windows 10 upgrade

Kit Car Electronics

If you have compatible hardware with licensed software and keep on top of your Windows 7/ 8 updates, you'll see a new icon appear in the task bar 'Get Windows 10'. Click it, add your email address and you'll get a free upgrade* when it's released...

*usual Microsoft rules apply, so you may not find it an upgrade that you wanted!

I spotted that last night and wondered if it was worth it? Also can you revert to your Win 7 or 8 if you don't like it?

Hmmm. Personally I would hang fire.

They will be using Joe Public as the Beta test team.

I dont know of a single corporate looking at W10 yet. when it gets business acceptance then its probably stable enough to use.

I think they're hoping to encourage people to move on from Win 7 because so many people and companies have avoided Win 8 like the plague.

You can register for the download now, but then choose later whether to actually download it or not...

I dont know of a single corporate looking at W10 yet. when it gets business acceptance then its probably stable enough to use.

We're still on XP in our company, and only just considering the merits of upgrading to Windows 7... may take a while for us to catch up ;)

• Like 1

Or you could get a Mac

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Or you could get a Mac

We're not all made of money lol

Or you could get a Mac

Is your Westie an automatic..?

• Like 2

Hmmm. Personally I would hang fire.

They will be using Joe Public as the Beta test team.

Shock Horror! :blush:  Do you realy think that they would do such a thing?

Shock Horror! :blush:  Do you realy think that they would do such a thing?

I work for a medium size software house so I couldn't possibly say "Why not, we do"...

We'll not be moving past 7 for some time... let others help MS finish the development.

I installed a pre-release version on the Mac just out of interest....yes, I know....  Not done much with it TBH.  If MS follow their usual cycle of crap-good-crap-good then there's a chance 10 will be OK.

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes windows 8! It took me a bit of getting used to at the start but I really like it now...

I think they're hoping to encourage people to move on from Win 7 because so many people and companies have avoided Win 8 like the plague.

You can register for the download now, but then choose later whether to actually download it or not...

Windows 8x is Microsofts best selling operating system bar none.

The fact is was designed for their tablets, phones and technophobic users, probably has something to do with it.

Sad fact is that 90%+ of people are somewhat technophobic and MS have very much catered for that market.

I look at how some of my colleagues work, with every window opened up to full screen on a 28inch monitor, doing one thing at a time, incredibly inefficient, unable to see or do more than one thing at once and I instantly see why MS did Win8x.

The rest of us (and our sanity) just don't matter.