HELP. I HAVE LOST THE USE OF MY LIGHTS. SWITCH WONT ENGAGE

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

I always thought Scotland was the centre of the universe and glorious sunshine reigned supreme.

Phah... I lived there for 15 years.

How can you tell it's summertime in Scotland?

The snow melts before it hits the ground...

• Like 1

I'm just stunned to learn that Scotland has internet :)

• Like 1

I'm just stunned to learn that Scotland has internet :)

That was a proper ROTFLMAO post.

Most excellent

you might be able to bypass the switch altogether - you will need to get at the wires onto the switch tho - either pull out the switch or reach behind, id want to pull out the switch tbh - easier.

what colour wires have you on the switch?

if i knew what you had i'd disconnect the wires to the dip beam and bypass by connecting them together somehow temporary

• Like 1

I've not had the internals of the switch go wrong on themseleves rather than a bad contact which creates heat and that melts the plastic and screws up the workings of the switch. Went from only side lights then sometimes headlights in position 2 then wouldn't go in position 2 only position 1, sound familiar?

CBS have them aswell if you get stuck.

Terry

• Like 1

Morning Dave.

Thank you for your extremely kind offer.

I will decline in this occasion only as I am going home the day after tomorrow.

I may have the switch of you though to replace the one I have so I will give you a message in the next couple of days.

Mine were full of crud and bone dry inside

A little grease or vasaline and it was fine and has been since

Not using the heater switch, I completely forgot about it being the same! But it's Scotland, loosing the wiper switch would be worse than loosing the headlight switch!

• Like 2

Check out my build diary. Go to electric section and scroll down towards the bottom.

if you can short out the three socket pins in the loom connector, you will get the lights on. I did mine with two fork crimps.

its a get out of jail bodge, but should get you home. Just reach under the dash to push the switch out forwards.

good luck.

mark

Not using the heater switch, I completely forgot about it being the same! But it's Scotland, loosing the wiper switch would be worse than loosing the headlight switch!

We had some sun in Scotland today, between the rain showers... :)