Fuel regulator adjustment

Steve M

This may sound daft, but make sure you "un-do" the changes in the reverse order you did them!

So assuming you changed the fuel pressure, then tweaked the idle, first reset the idle back to exactly where it was, then change the fuel pressure back.

DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTINGS WHILE YOUR CAR IS LIKE THIS!

Or I'm afraid you may find yourself needing to visit a rolling road again to get the mapping tidied up.

For anyone else in a similar boat, using this thread later on, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't alter the idle setting without knowing precisely how it's interpreted by the particular model of ecu you have, and if in doubt just ask. 

Many of our ecu's use the idle position as one of the two fixed reference points that nearly every map, from Ignition and Fuel to cold enrichment and other compensations are built around. If you "loose" this position, the ecu has no idea how to line up the amount of fuel being injected and the timing of the spark with what's happening inside the engine.

Unlike you're tin top, many of us have relatively primitive ecu's that aren't able to "learn" what the engine's doing. - It has to be set up when the engines mapped.

Getting back to the OP, at the moment, you should be sort of OK ish, as the ecu will just think you've got your foot on the throttle. But start changing other settings now, and it could get expensive fast!

Indeed. I made this mistake when trying to get mine running. It needs a remap now i reckon as tps, idle and balance screws all moved a fraction.

It's been a steep learning curve!

Steve, on mine (looks identical) 1/4 turn = 5 psi.

Speaking of FPRs mine is squealing does this suggest a problem?

Steve, on mine (looks identical) 1/4 turn = 5 psi.

So if you normally have 45 psi, this would give sqrt (40/45) = 0.94, or 6% leaner which sounds an ideal amount

Thanks for taking the time to look at that Kingster ! Much appreciated

Thanks all !!

I'll let you know if it goes through retest tomorrow...

Excellent, good luck!