Class breakdown/explanation

Valentinik

What about a novice 1600 Mazda SDV, aeroscreen, H pattern, 1.5 way LSD? Will a 1600 be competitive in the under 1800cc classes?

Providing:

- your car is road registered (MOT, insurance, tax),

- your car is presented at events in road-legal condition (tyres, etc.),

- the H-pattern box is synchro (rather than dog)  --  which an SDV almost certainly will be

- you are a novice

you are perfect for Class A.

And, 1600 is what most competitors use in the "under 1800" class.

Try it  --  and have fun  :)

Novices are defined as drivers that at the time of registration have previously never competed or have competed in the Westfield Speed Series and have achieved an average WSCC Speed Series score of not more than 99 points in the previous season and have never won the WSCC Speed Series Novice, Sprint or Overall championship. Drivers who have competed in over 25 events are normally considered Experts. Novices also must not have had significant competition experience in another motor sport discipline.

Providing:

- your car is road registered (MOT, insurance, tax),

- your car is presented at events in road-legal condition (tyres, etc.),

- the H-pattern box is synchro (rather than dog)  --  which an SDV almost certainly will be

- you are a novice

you are perfect for Class A.

And, 1600 is what most competitors use in the "under 1800" class.

Try it  --  and have fun  :)

Novices are defined as drivers that at the time of registration have previously never competed or have competed in the Westfield Speed Series and have achieved an average WSCC Speed Series score of not more than 99 points in the previous season and have never won the WSCC Speed Series Novice, Sprint or Overall championship. Drivers who have competed in over 25 events are normally considered Experts. Novices also must not have had significant competition experience in another motor sport discipline.

I second everything David has said.  

I started in 2009 with a 1600cc car in Class A.  I was "hooked" after my first event at Gurston Down and since then have made some really good friends, had great fun and look forward to every event.  For me the competition is secondary to the friends and craic in the paddock and camping field.

Just do it, you will not regret it.

• Like 1

That's cool, I like what I'm hearing about the Speed Series. The competition (against others) is probably secondary to me too in reality as I'd rather have the opportunity to learn and improve my driving and the car but it's always nice to have someone to compare against and healthy competition makes for healthy banter I guess.

The car is not built yet but I'm hoping I can get my act together and enter some events late next year. Being hungover and knackered these last few Sunday mornings is not helping my build progress lol.