PICNIC ON THE MOORS 24.05.15

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hi Marcus.

Not sure about the car as yet as when she cooled down she started instantly.

She is booked in with the garage on Tuesday so will know more next week.

Really happy you enjoyed the route and I have a few more yet.

I tried to take you all on roads that were, pretty, twisty and steep .....and good for posing and to provide some interest.

• Like 1

Up over Rosedale Chimney, this phone pic does not do the scenery justice, Nem stopped to admire the scenery, the beautiful NY moors with an empty road to the horizon............. and two westies ready to go  :yes:

road_zpsqpouwihk.jpg

Looks like a great day out Buttercup - well done for organising and a great route too  :) .

• Like 1

Looks like you had a brill day out with nearly as many losses as us. You might share some of that blue sky and sunshine next time though. Hope everything gets sorted, ready for next time.

Thanks Julie and Martin.

Buttercup is getting picked up by the garage tomorrow. If all goes well I am hoping to do another run out in another couple of weeks.

hi buttercup - with regards to starting the car - i notice you have weber carbs? when you start the car do you press the throttle once or twice when cold just before you fire it up? then when hot - dont press the throttle at all - if you do it will flood very easy. 

looks like you had a bit of rain followed by a nice run... jealous.. i went to the antique fair at harrogate yesterday for a changed day

Morning Tex.

I know longer have the webers but now on bike carbs. I normally when first getting into the car after the car has not been used for a week or so, just pull the choke, no pedal use, turn the key and she fires up instantly. When out and about during the day I need no choke or pedal use as she starts instantly with a turn of the key. The car has run brilliantly until yesterday.

Forget the antique fair and come with us next time. Don't forget to bring a tow rope though.