PICNIC ON THE MOORS 24.05.15

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

I'm going to bob over with Marcus, see you at 9:30 then.

Hmmm salmonella sausages, my favourite

Lovely.

Don't forget to bring sandwiches.

Are you and Marcus together or in separate cars.

Do you want to bring some botulism burgers.

I have travelled to the cafe in the pictures and the sea is flat calm again and looks beautiful. I hope it is like this tomorrow.

Morning Team.

Just getting ready to set off to meet you all. Weather is only damp at Scarborough and it's not cold. Feels and looks like it will be a nice day.

See you all at 9.30.

do they do a nice breakfast at that cafe??? and are they open on a sunday?

Morning.

Yes they do food there and they are open. That will do us nicely. Never had a breakfast there though only bacon sandwiches.

Sorry i had to turn round folks, my back was killing me so i called it a day :-(

Millie still managed an ice cream and a smile even though our day was called short.

Hope you all had a good day out and looking forward to your piccys Buttercup.

Hi. Will post pictures soon as just got home..... On the back of a recovery truck.

Hi. Will post pictures soon as just got home..... On the back of a recovery truck.

oh dear...  :(

Well what a day... We were 4, then 3, sorry about your back.... You can't have fun in agony! Then Buttercup throws a wobbly in Whitby.... Just left us 2 to charge up and down the chimney twice.... Just had some great fish n chips and now enjoying a very cold beer before a shower and a coma, you lucky people up here have some spectacular roads and breathtaking scenery, just leaves me to say thanks for hosting the Bromsgrove ASBO and me & Mrs D. Take care all.... Cheers, Nem... & The Sage

• Like 2

Well the day did not go entirely to plan but we still had a great day.

We all met at York and we had quite a lot of attention from other members of the public and we also promoted the club to others who asked.

We set of as a foursome but had to loose Shaggydoo and his daughter at Pickering due to an injured back.  [ Did I also see a car nearly hit a yellow Westfield at a roundabout, in my rear view mirror at Pickering.]

From here we headed for Troutsdale which is a very beautiful, picturesque valley, but it is nicely hidden away that it is always quiet.

We took this route to Scarborough and we had a blast round the motorcycle track that surrounds Oliver Mount.

Here we had our first encounter with a beautiful Boom Trike who we met with later in the day again and had a brief chat regarding the police and the legalities of owning a different kind of vehicle and what you can and cannot get away with in the eyes of the law.

We had a quick pose through the town centre and down the sea front where we stopped for a coffee break on the sea front and when this was over we went up north for some serious posing. We did most of the route at 20 mph due to the newly "chipped " main road.

I will let the others tell you about the pedestrians in Whitby.

From here we went to Sandsend where I broke down and had to be recovered by a recovery truck.....[ engine is not starting when hot ]

At this point the others left, after kindly trying to get my car started and making sure we were ok before heading off to Rosedale Chimney.

So the picnic did not exactly happen as intended but we had a great day with a great bunch of people and two well behaved and polite children. [ Shaggy's daughter and Marcus's son ].

Here are some pictures and I will put some other on later.

IMG_1862_zps6ufhbhbx.jpg

IMG_1883_zpsjaqtdadz.jpg

IMG_1890_zpsjkq4wbxj.jpg

IMG_1895_zpsu58f7p2k.jpg

IMG_1897_zpsfmu5gchp.jpg

IMG_1886_zpsjwtrnc8o.jpg

IMG_1238_zps2citckpc.jpg

I'd forgotten about that roundabout moment, completely my fault.... A foot full of brakes sorted out the imminent crunch....

The world famous, leaning war memorial of Olivers Mount.

The only rival is the leaning tower of Pisa.

G0071443_zpsti6ns2wg.jpg

IMG_1875_zpsktdctdwi.jpg

IMG_1899_zps207ms63a.jpg

G0091447_zps9bn317xi.jpg

• Like 1

Great day out Guys and Girls, thanks for organizing it Buttercup and hope you get your poorly westy fixed asap  :t-up: was it a fuel problem or electrics?

The days out that run smoothly you could soon forget, but the days out where you get soaked, endure squeeeky brakes and break down for unknown reasons are the days you will remember and cherish forever  :t-up: , never been on a run before when someone retired with a bad back though ! #Shaggydoogetwellsoon !

Enjoyed your route Buttercup with some new ones for me including the Rosedale Chimney, very steep  :)

Also thanks from Dax to Mrs Nem for the icecream  :t-up:

• Like 1

Here we are in the middle of the NY moors saying hello to Lamb Bhuna, Lamb Madras and Lamb Rogan Josh  :)

sheep_zps7wueeggq.jpg

Pit stop with an 11 year old  :rolleyes:

dax%20jump_zpsq1zncxhn.jpg