Help required old V8 nose cone

RoboS

Please can some one help with some advise on a new nose cone on my Seight ?

I need a new nose cone, but its no longer available from Westfield. However i can get one without the vent.

I can mount my rad, current located in my current nose cone, on to the front of the chassis but will i notice any effect of the heat from the rad passing through the bonnet.

Thanks

Rob

Hi rob

Dont know if it would help , or how handy you are, but i vented my nosecone by fitting a bmw cooper s bonnet scoop

PM me your email and ille send some photos

Steve

Hi Rob,

Has Westfield told you it is no longer available? I got my new one only just over a year ago. I can't imagine the mould has been discarded. Who have you spoken to?

Hi Rob,

Has Westfield told you it is no longer available? I got my new one only just over a year ago. I can't imagine the mould has been discarded. Who have you spoken to?

from the description I'm guessing that Rob has the earlier "kit type" ducted nosecone rather than the current ZK bodywork that was supplied with your new kit, but Westfield now only have the moulds for the standard unducted "kit type" nosecone.
  • Like 1

Thanks Mark for clarifying that. I didn't realise there was a difference.

:yes:

Thanks Mark for clarifying that. I didn't realise there was a difference.

:yes:

no probs :) the wide body moulds have changed a few times over the years

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/104285-spot-the-difference-–-bodywork/

• Like 1

I've got an old nose cone if you'd like it? Not really sure what it's worth as its got a scratch on the front and it'll need painting.

@reeves_luke89, if the nosecone you have is ducted and for a 'kit' and RoboS isn't interested, could you PM me, cheers!

Hi Rob,

I took my existing nose cone to them this Friday, and one of the guys from "Technical" came down  

from the description I'm guessing that Rob has the earlier "kit type" ducted nosecone rather than the current ZK bodywork that was supplied with your new kit, but Westfield now only have the moulds for the standard unducted "kit type" nosecone.

Mark

Yes  i think your right 

Hi rob

Dont know if it would help , or how handy you are, but i vented my nosecone by fitting a bmw cooper s bonnet scoop

PM me your email and ille send some photos

Steve

Thanks PM coming

Rob

@reeves_luke89, if the nosecone you have is ducted and for a 'kit' and RoboS isn't interested, could you PM me, cheers!

Yeah no problem