Yorkshire 8 South - Sunday 17 May

Rory's Dad

It'll be a leisurely start this morning with breakfast at the Oil Can Cafe leaving at 11.30am all fed and watered, then to Emley Moor and the Strines Inn for lunch.  Then a tour of the Peak District ending up at Holme Moss for a nice cup of tea and an ice cream and from there leave for home and for me (and any others who did the Yorkshire 8 North on Saturday too) a nice hot bath, supper and a great big sleep!

We hope our mates from Mancs, Cheshire and the Peaks will join us on this classic event.

Damn, damn, damn, too little notice for me, would have loved to come, I'll try and get out of my other arrangements. Fingers crossed!

I'm working on changes of plan...

I might not know till later in the week though! (Already arranged to be out on Saturday for a run to DT, so some diplomacy required)  :d

Will be at Emley Moor mast as long as weather is OK  :)

Will it be about 12 o'clock?

C'mon guys let's show a little more organisation here. Anyone coming from the North needs to meet at Emley Moor to be picked up my me or Tricky to be taken to the Oilcan for Brekkie followed by a trip to the Strines and then a tour of Derbyshire by Tricky as He knows it best after Julie and Glenn. Maybe Matlock Bath could be an option?

Barry

Right chaps

C'mon guys let's show a little more organisation here. Anyone coming from the North needs to meet at Emley Moor to be picked up my me or Tricky to be taken to the Oilcan for Brekkie followed by a trip to the Strines and then a tour of Derbyshire by Tricky as He knows it best after Julie and Glenn. Maybe Matlock Bath could be an option?

Barry

Now I've looked at a map (!) I can see the sense of doing Emley Moor, Oil Can then the Strines.  We just need some times please Barry/Trickie.  If we want to get to the Strines by 12:30, what time do we leave the Oil Can??  And if we allow 45mins for breakfast, what time do you want to leave Emley Moor.

Really happy that you have both volunteered to plan the route and lead the tour between you  :durr: .  I'll be going straight to the Oil Can from home.

Thanks again!!

Will be at Emley Moor mast as long as weather is OK  :)

Will it be about 12 o'clock?

I could make 12 o'clock folks

Going back to Martins original plan of leaving the oilcan at 11.30 Am and bearing in mind possible waiting time for breakfast I would say be at the Oilcan at 10.30 which means being at Emley moor for 10 - 10.10 am. If anyone coming from the North or doesn't know where the Oilcan is wants to meet at Emley moor mast please post on here and We'll make arrangements.

Barry

Going back to Martins original plan of leaving the oilcan at 11.30 Am and bearing in mind possible waiting time for breakfast I would say be at the Oilcan at 10.30 which means being at Emley moor for 10 - 10.10 am. If anyone coming from the North or doesn't know where the Oilcan is wants to meet at Emley moor mast please post on here and We'll make arrangements.

Barry

Agreed Barry, leaving the Oil Can and then going Emley Moor is back to front. I suggest that from the cafe we go for a decent run before landing at the Strines Inn as it's only about 20mins away from the Oil Can, we don't usually have brekky so I know I won't be wanting dinner so soon after not sure about others? Or as Barry and I discussed what about leave Oil Can 11-30ish (getting there for 10-30ish, decent run round, take in Ladybower, Bamford (petrol at Sickleholme), Hathersage, up to Fox house, across the top of the moors, Owler Bar, Baslow, Chatsworth, Bakewell, (13 bends) back to Baslow, Calver towards Sparrowpit. Stop off at Yonderman Cafe (Barry's favorite). 

Then you have the option of Buxton towards Chapel-on-le-Frith, Glossop, back road to Woodhead Pass, then up Holme Moss or,

Yonderman cafe, Sparrowpit, down Winnetts Pass into Castleton, Bamford, Ladybower, A57 (Snake pass), Glossop, back across to Woodhead, up Holme Moss?

Nice one Richard. If we do the Yonderman I could have 2 fried breakfasts in one day

So to confirm...

Meeting up at Emley Moor Mast at 10:00 (or soon after)

Arrive at the Oil Can for Breakfast 10:30

Leave the Oil Can for The Strines 11:30

Arrive at the Strines at 12:00

...and then we are in the hands of Tricky for a tour of the Peak District (route to be finaiised at the Strines).

Thanks chaps - all sorted  :)