Home insurance

Petemac

Why do Insurance companies "constantly" try it on ? It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some companies will go to, just to get a few extra pennies. Last Friday got a  renewal quote for my home insurance, it had risen by about 8 quid a month even though I have made no claims for over 9 years, so went back and gave them a load of Bu@@@@@t about a renewal quote from another company and guess what, they reduced it to almost the same as last year!!  it's a good job I'm a tight northern so and so, 96 quid in my pocket though and not theirs. Jobs a goodun, and just goes to show though how much you can save if you push them.

They all do it..... Whether it's home or car or even your breakdown cover, the auto-renewal is always much higher.

Same thing with car insurance. Customer for like 7 years and they give me a "rediculous renewal qoute" as I cited to the lady on the phone for leaving. I don't bother letting them match and I won't be going back out of principle.

Same thing with car insurance. Customer for like 7 years and they give me a "rediculous renewal qoute" as I cited to the lady on the phone for leaving. I don't bother letting them match and I won't be going back out of principle.

That was my reaction, however if they'll beat another quote then i'll go with it, there's no point in principles when all the options are as corrupt as eachother.

As Grouch Marx said "These are my principles - if you don't like them I have some alternatives!!"

That was my reaction, however if they'll beat another quote then i'll go with it, there's no point in principles when all the options are as corrupt as eachother.

I see your point but in my case a) Greenlight brokers for my other car got the price down every year without being asked, b) the renewal was over £300 more expensive than my cheapest quote so the likelihood of matching it was slim and c) until recently my insurance fell quite a bit every year due to NCD. However, the case may be different now I've accumulated enough NCD for it not to make a difference.

Sometimes you do have to pay for what you get. The only time you will really know is when things go wrong.

When I was burgled, we are with NFU, they did exactly what the advertise, no quibbles sorted out the claim. Now if they were a few pounds more I would still pay that extra from my experience it was worth it.

• Like 2