Westfield replacement

MartinH

Its taken some time but my Westfield replacement project had finally made it across the pond.  Bought unseen it's turned out to be in much better order than I thought, very tempting to take in a couple of sprints before I start a restoration but I must stick to the plan.

Lola%20RH_zpsgnfgezgc.jpg

Lola%20LH_zpsxig5rb1n.jpg

Just for the record it's a 1974 Lola T340 Formula Ford

• Like 4

That's awesome, love it! So what engine has it got?

Formula Ford so the engine is a standard Ford 1600 crossflow, as fitted to the Cortina GT but blueprinted.  Confusing bit is the alloy wheels and slicks as apposed to the steel rims and Avon ACB9s or 10s used in the UK  championships.  

Nice car

Isn't 1974 before ACB9/10s.  I thought they had to use ordinary road tyres, and then the tyre manufacturers started cheating by using race compounds on the production line.  Isn't this the beginning of List 1A/1B etc

Anyway, are there any more like that?

Wow, Martin, I like your style!

I thought when you were selling your Westfield that you were hanging your boots up and taking it easy.

I should have known better  :d

That's a very nice looking Lola  :yes:

Nice car

Isn't 1974 before ACB9/10s.  I thought they had to use ordinary road tyres, and then the tyre manufacturers started cheating by using race compounds on the production line.  Isn't this the beginning of List 1A/1B etc

Anyway, are there any more like that?

For the early days you're absolutely right but these days Avons are used for the Classic and  Kent engined championships.

There are some that come up for sale but you have to hunt for them.  

Some categories of FF outside of the UK allow slicks, I think.

I feel the need for a new J class - either Pre 75 formula fords or Kent engined cars built to formula ford regulations :-)

Great looking car, well worth importing from USA.

You will have a lot of fun with it.

Howard, James - you know you want one and it will be an appreciating asset. What more could you ask for; a car that you can compete in and it keeps going up in value.

• Like 1

I fancy a ecoboost formula  ford

Lord Morcom - if i ever sell the mighty cross flow a FF is on the list....

Well done Martin, that looks superb :cool: