Prescott

XTR2Turbo

http://www.pugfest.co.uk/

Looks like this is what replaced the Longton meet that we enjoyed last year.

Seems a shame as car club meets can be held at lots of non competitive venues.  I assume it generates more income ... as simple as that.

David

There is a Pugfest every year at Prescott. My mate at work has a 205GTI and he rabbles on about it every year for 2 weeks in advance

Well after the disqualification of competitors due to noise at the rounds of the British Championship this weekend I think it's a good thing we are not going there this year.

Nick

I was there Sunday and it was 'only' Rob Stevens, Clive Austin and four of the BHC guys that had issues. One of these was Trevor who slightly changed his driving off the line to play safe after being excluded from the first run off. At least two of those have had issues with noise at Prescott before.  I understand that one of the small Goulds was measured at 126db so not exactly a small fail !!

Whilst very frustrating for spectators and competitors, if you look at the silencers that the small Goulds and Raptor run with to save weight it's not too surprising. One is also running anti-lag!

The drive by limit was set at 106db which shouldn't cause a westy any issues static let alone drive by.  I have spectated at both rounds of BHC at Prescott for the past four or five years and there is no doubt that over the past couple of seasons the forced induction lightweight bike powered cars have been getting louder and louder.  Part of this is the gear change bangs but also weight saving and packaging of the mini silencer.

If we ran with a similar set up on a Westy we would fail the sound test at most of our venues.  Unfortunately I understand your ex Alex Summers Force, which was loud but certainly not the loudest of the BHC  cars,  had noise issues for you at Croft.

Yes there were issues with the design, execution and communication of the tests and handing out of the results etc but I don't think there are many questioning the need to implement something.  Whilst a lot of frustration on the day that you can see on the various boardrooms, (and I confess on the day I was siding with competitors)  hopefully on reflection the mood is to find a solution constructively rather than just rebel.  If not Prescott the same problem will happen at another venue eventually.

Let's also not forget that there was a very serious accident that took 2.5 hours to resolve including air ambulance and would have had the full attention of officials and not helped matters.  The first run off was not until nearly 3pm ! There was also an issue with timing screens and PA possibly linked to the accident taking out one of the timing towers below semi circle.

We all love really loud cars but in todays legal environment there need to be some limits.

I am not sure who won QTD.

David

Thankfully David my noise problem was down to a simple crank balancer not adjusted causing a very loud mechanical noise, which once I had found it and fixed with a 2p bolt has caused me no problems at the 2 events I have been to since.

You may be right that it was only the racing cars getting picked up and the Westfields would have been OK. However if you read the regulation which BOC had in their regs where they disallowed times if you break the noise meter. My personal view on this is it fundementally wrong, if your too noisy then you should be excluded, not have your time disallowed. Their 2 card system of yellow first time you break it and red 2nd time made sense and they should just have applied that. BOC wrote that part of the regulation it was nothing to do with the MSA and someone at the club needs to take a very hard look at it. Yes, they may have a noise problem and I feel sorry for them about that but they have seriously p******** off a lot of the top competitors not just those that got banned. Forgetting yet again that the competitors are their customers as all too many organisers do.

As to FTD it was Scott Moran and then Alex Summers for both run-off's.

QTD was the joke in the paddock ... quietest time of the day award.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the VSCC weekend as some of those can be very loud and what changes can be put in place before the 2nd BHC round that is due to be there in September.

The issue is that non of the competitors can replicate the drive by test themselves so they will only know for sure if compliant when they next turn up.  This may be a risk that many are not prepared to take.

I am not sure that I agree with some who say that BOC don't care about the BHC competitors - quite the opposite.  I think it is more bundling of the situation rather than an agenda.

QTD was the joke in the paddock ... quietest time of the day award.

I could have won QTD if I have a repeat of Gurston where first practice run was 50 yards of very quiet crossflow and then went very very quiet for the rest of that run all subsequent runs  :)

• Like 1

Ah Paul but unfortunately you still need a time to qualify.

I was thinking the Nissan  leaf could be in with a shout.

• Like 1

the leaf  its the future :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  

the 64ft times would be ok but that's about it ..

Which venue will be the first to install a rapid charger :d

• Like 1