Decision made

Dan76

No the jk's are a bit more reclined than the rear bulk head.

I'm 6ft & I've had to pack them up 25mm but I've got a lowered floor, has yours? If your going to Stoneliegh Your welcome to try mine for size.

Andy

If you get along to Stoneleigh you will see cars with various shell seats that owners may let you try for size.  The main choices are Tillett, JK, Westfield factory race seats.

I would strongly suggest trying for size and flex before deciding.

David

Try JK's in a Westfield before buying!

Yes, they do get your head as far back, and as low as possible. (They're a bit more steeply raked than the bulkhead, if memory serves). But they're not equipped with Tardis like circuits to warp space inside the cockpit! So they gain the extra space not just by being thin, but also, to a lesser extent by sort of rotating your body round to lower your head and raise your knees.

I actually found this brought my knees up closer to the original steering wheel position! Because your head and shoulders are quite a bit further back though, I had to extend the steering wheel towards me by a good inch to an inch and a half, so this restored the clearance to my knees.

Thanks for all the comments. The car does have the lowered floors. I'll be at Stoneleigh on the Sunday so will try and get a look at some different options.
A sit in your car would be appreciated Andy. I don't want to go overboard on changing the car at the moment, just looking to get it a bit more drivable.

Yep no worries I'll be there Sunday in a red S2000.(if my reg turns up in time!!!!)