Decision made

Dan76

Well after a few months trying to make up my mind if I should build or buy I have now bit the bullet and got myself a lovely zetec powered FW. Thanks for all the advice I had from everyone it really helped in making sure I made the right decision.

Looking forward to getting out and about and meeting some of you at various events around the country.

• Like 2

I did the same last month after years of dallying about. You wont regret it :) Ive been out in mine twice this weekend in the sunny weather.

• Like 1

That looks very nice, a good decision for sure.  You've got a great base to start modding from.

Good choice and a lovely colour!  ;) 

That looks lovely! I bet you can't get the smile off your face :d

Welcome to the club, enjoy.

Must compliment you on your choice of colour.Nice looking car.

Cheers. i have not picked the car up yet so only got a few photos to tide me over. the car comes with a full Jenvey TB kit so thats a planned modification. I might leave that one until the winter though as I don't want to miss out on this years good weather. First mods need to be the removal of the seat runners to give me a bit more room, the cars fitted with the sport turbo seats I figure if theres still not enough room then I'll maybe make the change to some JK's. I'm also planning to fit a slightly smaller quick release steering wheel.

Looks great, enjoy and welcome to the club.

Cheers. i have not picked the car up yet so only got a few photos to tide me over. the car comes with a full Jenvey TB kit so thats a planned modification. I might leave that one until the winter though as I don't want to miss out on this years good weather. First mods need to be the removal of the seat runners to give me a bit more room, the cars fitted with the sport turbo seats I figure if theres still not enough room then I'll maybe make the change to some JK's. I'm also planning to fit a slightly smaller quick release steering wheel.

Try a spacer on the quick release kit as well if you have issues with leg room.  I did this on my last one and this one to and it makes a massive difference.

Dave

Hi and  :ww: to the club.

The car looks great and I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of driving in it. I would agree that it is a good idea to drive this summer as is and upgrade to the Jenveys during the winter. However, I may be taking a bit of a liberty here but if you decide to change the seats I may be interested in the sport turbo seats if you are looking to sell them at some point in the future?

Hi and :ww: to the club.

The car looks great and I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of driving in it. I would agree that it is a good idea to drive this summer as is and upgrade to the Jenveys during the winter. However, I may be taking a bit of a liberty here but if you decide to change the seats I may be interested in the sport turbo seats if you are looking to sell them at some point in the future?

Will keep you in mind for the seats if I remove them

I just need to get as low and as far back as possible to get my knees out of the way of the wheel as much as possible. Suspect a move to a 280mm wheel spaced forward a bit and some GRP seats might be the best option. Can anyone with the JK's fitted confirm if the slope of the rear seat follows the slope of the rear bulkhead fairly closely so you can get the seat as far back as possible.

Will keep you in mind for the seats if I remove them

I just need to get as low and as far back as possible to get my knees out of the way of the wheel as much as possible. Suspect a move to a 280mm wheel spaced forward a bit and some GRP seats might be the best option. Can anyone with the JK's fitted confirm if the slope of the rear seat follows the slope of the rear bulkhead fairly closely so you can get the seat as far back as possible.

Yes it does.     you can also use packing pieces/washers at the front or rear of the seat to get the tilt right.