Three Sisters Sprint Videos

B.RAD

Here's my best run, I'd be interested to see the videos from our fellow competitors today - please share!

• Like 3

looks good to me Barny

• Like 1

Nice one Barney, much better camera position

• Like 1

Nice lines but just an observation that might help you is to tuck your harness strap ends in as they seem to be flapping all over the place and must be a distraction

• Like 1

Excellent lines, young man; just what I showed you when we walked the course!!!

Agree with John. Two possibilities, I use cable ties sold by computer peripheral companies, they are double sided coloured velcro strips. The only problem with them is that with 3" harness straps the length is marginal, they only just wrap round. If you want to try them, you just roll the surplus harness around the velcro strip, and when you have tidied most of the surplus strap you just double the velcro strip round the outside of the roll, to join with the other end. Have a look at mine when we next meet.

The alternative is to use the same technique, but using plastic cable ties instead of the velcro strips. It doesn't look quite so "pretty" but overcomes the length problem, IYSWIM!

• Like 1

A note about the velcro straps, you can buy that stuff on a roll, and cut it to whatever length you require :)

3rd option, press studs - one in the free end of the strap, the other in the date label.

4th option - sewed on velcro, used at Oulton Park in their single seater experience cars.

Agreed with the comments about lines, looked good to me, nice and smooth too :) More bum in seat time and you'll be flying!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support and feedback, it really is a great help! What a great club :d:yes:

The line advice was spot on Stephen! It's a shame that the rain came down as I messed up that long hairpin right, you can see in the vid that I actually touch the grass, which goosed me as it was very wet so I backed right off and messed up the exit, so there is definitely more pace to come. The car is way faster than me at this point!

I normally tuck the harness straps under the waist belts, but just didn't bother on that run. The top speed isn't particularly high on that circuit & it wasn't worrying me, but I will do something about it as faster circuits will be worse. Thanks for the ideas :t-up:

I'm still interested to see vids from others so do share!

Here's my best run, I'd be interested to see the videos from our fellow competitors today - please share!

Very nice run Barny, I can see I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you  ???

Very tidy run Barny, and nice to meet you briefly!

Luke's and my video's are live on youtube, maybe someone more technical than me can post a link. Two very different laps, mine was very scruffy and Luke's tidier. Strangely we both posted the same time....exactly the same time!

Harewood Next!

Rich

• Like 1

Luke's and my video's are live on youtube, maybe someone more technical than me can post a link. Two very different laps, mine was very scruffy and Luke's tidier. Strangely we both posted the same time....exactly the same time!

Harewood Next!

Rich

Here you are Rich 

Luke

Rich

• Like 1

Here you are Rich 

Luke

Rich

Nice runs guys, your plays-kool super tec car looks amazingly fast  :t-up:  maybe I'll super charge my Zesty Tec  :oops:

Why thank you Martin, yes it's definitely quick, quicker than me but taming it slowly. Too much usable power for the damp circuit, difficult to stop for the kart pit straight, hence my 'line' on entry!

Harewood Next!

Rich

It was good to meet you too Rich, and as I said on the day, your car is awesome!! I'll be at Harewood too so will see you again then.

Howard - that run looks great, so smooth, it's no wonder you're a couple of seconds quicker!

Thanks all for sharing the videos, it's really useful to be able to see how everyone else tackled the circuit. It seems that just more bravery pills are needed for me!