Haynes Breakfast Club - 1st Sunday of the Month

jonjh1964

I've just got back from the Haynes Breakfast Club meeting - usually 1st Sunday of the month but this month it was the 2nd Sunday due to Easter.

The weather was glorious sunshine and I met up with a couple of the Dorset Area WSCCers on the way. A352/B3148/A359 from Charminster to Sparkford, via Sherborne - really good Westfield roads with a Golf TI struggling to keep up with us through the bendy bits (and we didn't exceed the speed limits).

We arrived at 09:30 and the front car park was close to full - 5 Westfields, lots of Lotus (various marks including Robin's Lotus 7), about a dozen Caterhams, some US custom cars, lots of German/Japanese hot hatch types and a fair selection of British classics.

After a walk around the car park, a bacon bap and a mug of tea, we headed home on the A359 to Yeovil.

An enjoyable morning that I'd recommend, and, if you travel from slightly further a field, the museum is excellent, although at £14 for an adult not a monthly event.

Sounds like a perfect day out you lucky devil, even better that it happens every month too. The car park comes across as very photogenic!

Sounds like a perfect day out you lucky devil, even better that it happens every month too. The car park comes across as very photogenic!

I'll take a camera in June - won't make May as it conflicts with Stoneleigh!

• Like 1