• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Glencoe by Westfield

Scottish Westy

Just to prove Scotland does get nice weather and nowhere better on a day like this than driving in a Westfield through Glencoe

SAM_7874_zpsp4z7fgxx.jpg

SAM_7879_zpsratsdtb0.jpg

SAM_7887_zpsjqpbh046.jpg

All pics are here http://s124.photobucket.com/user/rooster7358/library/Westfield/Glencoe%20by%20Westfield?sort=3&page=1

I'd add to the gallery but it doesnt seem to work for me.

• Like 4

Beautiful.

Thankyou for posting as I love it there and it will be my first time this year travelling through Scotland in my Westfield.

great shots  save a few for the mag / calendar

Great photos - it's a fantastic road to drive in the Westie. That's the route we take on the way to Applecross in June. Can't wait!

Matt

• Like 1

Buttercup, thats a long drive from Scarborough but it will be well worth it.

XTRTurbo, not sure what you mean by save some for the mag, but you are more than welcome to help yourself to any I have posted.

Matt,  even though Im not attending the Applecross weekend I hope to tag along for a while, lets hope Glencoe is blessed with sunshine then too.

We try and use pictures that haven't previously been posted on-line etc for the magazine; it's just to try and keep it fresh and new for both those members that use the Boardroom and those that don't.

Hi Scottish Westy.

I normally stop off at Glencoe on my way to Durness as I love it around Loch Eriboll.

Hoping to do Glencoe, Durness, John O Groats and then go back to Durness before crossing across country through all the forests and staying at Strathpeffer.

We try and use pictures that haven't previously been posted on-line etc for the magazine; it's just to try and keep it fresh and new for both those members that use the Boardroom and those that don't.

Cheers Dave, Novice mistake :-) Only joined a few weeks ago.

At last, some pictures of a Westfield in Scotland. I go into the English and Welsh mountains with my car, I post the pictures and say how lovely it all looks but Scotland is in a different league. It is nice to see some proper big mountains as a backdrop.

Thanks for posting,

Julie

• Like 1

Looks fab. I will be up there weekend after next with 14 other 7 style cars (Robin Hoods, Zeros, MK, Stylus, Roadrunner SR2) starting in Helensburgh then to Skye, up to Inverness and finish in Dunfermline. With the trip up from Gloucester it will be about 1500 miles in 5 days. Really looking forward to it :)

• Like 3

Looks fab. I will be up there weekend after next with 14 other 7 style cars (Robin Hoods, Zeros, MK, Stylus, Roadrunner SR2) starting in Helensburgh then to Skye, up to Inverness and finish in Dunfermline. With the trip up from Gloucester it will be about 1500 miles in 5 days. Really looking forward to it :)

What are your dates? Helensburgh about 20 miles from me. Im sure I can arrange a few interested in meeting you or tagging along for a few miles. Nice to meet others and their kits :-)

We stop off at the Clachaig Inn at Glencoe on our way to the Outer Hebrides for golf (Askernish, the best course in the world!).  Superb beer, superb selection of whiskies and breakfast to die for.

Taking the A45 for the first time next month, can't wait for the drive through the highlands and on to Skye.  

Agree FBB, Clachaig Inn just east of Glencoe village definitely worth a stopover :) :)

I've spent many a night in there after a day in the mountains....

and many a day when weathers been too bad for mountaineering :d

What are your dates? Helensburgh about 20 miles from me. Im sure I can arrange a few interested in meeting you or tagging along for a few miles. Nice to meet others and their kits :-)

We are travelling up from Nottingham area on Saturday 18th and I suppose will get to Helensburgh around 6.00pm ish.  We are all booked in to the the Travelodge on the seafront (West Clyde St).  We go off the next morning (probably around 9.00am but this is a guess) heading for Skye. This is the proposed route https://goo.gl/maps/jcrO3 and I am sure you would be very welcome to join us for some of the route.