• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Photos

woodman

I just wondered why it is such a phaff to load pics on this site compered to say Facebook, Pistonheads etc , which are virtually one click from your computer files?

Stu

I would be good if it was possible to make it easier to download pics to attach to postings. Is it possible without massive time and expense?

That would be great if possible - uploading to photoshop and pasting links is a chore

At the moment, it was my understanding, that both server storage space and the bandwidth used by the Boardroom as people access it and any photos stored on its server are donated FOC.

Doing what we can currently do with Photobucket, Picassa etc might significantly alter the overheads.

I don't know how much it's been looked into in the past? It might be worth re-investigating if significant numbers are interested? I would guess that's the point when suitable plugins to make the actual process of uploading/displaying could, if necessary, be looked at too.

I wouldnt want to add to expense or work for Webmaster etc. I have no idea whatsoever of the problems to make work , just wondered if its just me who forgets each time how to do it

Not going to pretend I have anything more than a crude working knowledge of how the backstage systems work apart from my own tweaking and tinkering work, which is the equivalent of knowing how to walk (me) versus piloting the space shuttle (Ade). However, I know enough to say the Gallery system incorporated into the forum software is incapable of being made more simple with regards to uploading photos.  That is NOT saying its simple, it's saying the software system is what it is and there's almost certainly nothing that Ade can do to make it less complex - sorry.

I've researched to see if there are any simple forum add ons or plug ins that might be available - no dice. :(

So I'm afraid it's either using the Gallery or linking to a photo sharing website as far as I can see - sorry.

There are a few optional features that we don't have activated for the forum, the most terrifying of which is the Live Chat room - not a chance that will ever be used!  The possibilities for arguments, misunderstandings and abuse between members that couldn't be moderated would be colossal.

• Like 2

I would like to add my name to the list of "significant numbers interested" as any improvement to the current method would be most welcome!

Also I don't know anything about the operation of the forum but couldn't any of the "unused options" be modified or traded off to create improved photo uploads?

There area whole load of new features availble in a future major relase that will be installed here sometime in the summer. I'm currently doing some testing with a pre-release candidate.

• Like 6

the most terrifying of which is the Live Chat room

Come on Scott , should run smoothly!  :popcorn:

Thanks Ade

I have terrible trouble posting a link URL in a post. Quite often my browser (IE11) freezes if I try to add one

Another issue I have found is that when searching for information, quite often I find the relevant posts have numerous pictures who links are clearly broken. My guess is that the owner of said images has perhaps moved/deleted the images. It is a shame when a post has many photos to accompany the text but the images don't show up.

If images were able to be uploaded and stored on the forum this would not happen.

Wrong live chat room James...