Peak District Area 19th April Monthly Meet at Blyton Park

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

On Sunday 19th April it is the Peak District Monthly Meet and for a change we are meeting at Blyton Park, DN21 3PE to cheer on fellow Westfielders. 

Meet at the cafe/toilet area at 11am. Everyone welcome.

Brill, I'll need all the cheers I can get! :d

• Like 1

Make sure you introduce yourselves and have a chat

Oh, there is no fear of that, I am good at talking, Que Tricky....The Quiet Woman pub....remember it on Facebook.....

Oh, there is no fear of that, I am good at talking, Que Tricky....The Quiet Woman pub....remember it on Facebook.....

Would have commented Julie but couldn't get a word in edgeways.

• Like 1

Hi Julie/Glen, only just noticed the change of venue for this months official meet. Won't be able to make it but have fun. Best regards R & L

Weather is forecast looking good for Sunday, should be a great day.

See you all there tomorrow  :)

• Like 1

Hoping to make it tomorrow, my first speed series event. Just one question, is there an entry fee for spectators?

Robin, think its free to spectate.. Ime going over early doors if you want to meet up for the run over?

Think I'll be later than earlier. Nearly 10 now and I've not got the car out yet.

Good to see everyone today, hope you all had an enjoyable safe drive home, we did and only got rained on three times  :)  :)

Agreed, good turn out of spectators, plenty of rapid westys for entertainment, and even a really really old car taking part that was twice as shiney as Julie's, (she even acknowledged so).

Great to see all the Westie supporters.

Felt like a Westies playing at home meet.

• Like 2

A late write up but I have been unpacking after my holiday. We were tootling along on the way to Blyton when there was a sudden 'oooh' from the drivers seat. Don't worry Glen the car is not broke, I had seen 3 TVR's and an AMG in my mirror. I can't say much more on a public forum, but oh boy, they sounded well, and when we got to Blyton there they were. A friendly bunch from the SYTVRCC (South Yorkshire TVR car club), hope to see you again!

1232015%20005_zpstro6g38e.jpg

After that good start we went on to have a whale of a day at Blyton, we met loads of new people and learnt a bit along the way. I picked up one of Terry's wheels and his bonnet with ONE hand. I have to sort of monkey a wheel on by steadying and lifting it with my feet, then wiggling it onto the wheel studs because they are that heavy for me. I hope we were not too distracting by asking questions when you guys are busy, but you know so much and you are so interesting.

I hope John (123standish) and his dad  found the day useful, there were certainly lots of different cars to look at and it was lovely to meet you both.

I have got loads of pictures and will try and put them in the gallery but here are a couple for you.

The competitors lined up.

1232015%20011_zps9eoujhva.jpg

The spectators lined up.

1232015%20018_zpsannpg1ym.jpg

A great turnout of cars, Tricky and Matt came in their convoy, Marcus and Robin in their convoy, Martyn and Sue travelled for 2 hours! and Ian and Rose(VX220) travelled for....5 minutes to get there. Thank you to everyone for coming.

• Like 1