Where would you fly your Westie to for a blat..?

John K

Mr Grumpy is one wire away from being fixed and of course it has just started to rain...

So assuming you had friends in the RAF's "Lift and Shift" squadron and you could fly your Westie anywhere in the World for a blat, where would you go..?

I fancy the Moroccan coast.

It's lovely and dry here in the Peak District, great twisty roads and lovely views, just getting her out now, come and join us anytime.

Beartooth Mountain pass Wyoming USA, have a look on google earth, something like 15000 feet climb or descent on some of the most superb scenic and challenging roads you will ever see or come across. Then call in at Red Lodge Montana just along the road for a beer at the micro brewery, brilliant.

Bob :d :d

Great ocean road, Victoria, Australia.

Then I wouldn't come back.

Icefield Parkway from Banff to Jasper in Canada would be impressive but the Lake District is not bad

Icefield Parkway from Banff to Jasper in Canada would be impressive but the Lake District is not bad

Is that a continuation of the Calgary to Banff road?

If it is, I've been on it in a blue '67 Mustang (straight 6). I used to have a boss in a Calgary office and he took me for a blatt.

Only one way to describe Canadian scenery... Big...

For me its a simple one.

Round Loch Eriboll.

Love that road and also the getting there.

.....................Just told our lass about this question and asked her what my answer was. She said "Eriboll"

I feel quite sad now somehow.

• Like 1

Yes the main mountain route starts at Banff and heads north through the mountains and ice fields

Although not very far away, my favourite bit of 'Westie' road has to be the first 10 or so miles of the A87 from Glengarry heading north west towards Kyle of Lochalsh. We go this way every year on the way to Applecross and it's just fantastic. Twisty up Glen Garry through the trees and then fast, sweeping open bends with good visibility down the other side. Brilliant!

Matt

Route 66 in the states all 2400 + miles of it would do me nicely got some mates doing it next year for their 60th birthdays but on bikes, still fun though.

• Like 1