The relentless sucess of the anti car brigade

jeff oakley

In 30mph areas I use third gear and cruise control to ensure I don't creep over the limit. It's surprising how often you can do it. At 20mph cruise is unavailable so it'll have to be second or third gear and one eye on the speedo.  :durr:

I've said this before but it's still true - in Warwickshire many A roads have been reduced to 50mph 'in the interests of road safety', but all the B & C roads are still 60mph. It beggars belief.

You're right about the Warwickshire A roads like the Fosse Way :( but I'm pretty sure the limit on B roads is 50 mph and on C roads it's 40 mph.

We had a 60 limit road reduced to 50 because someone managed to kill themselves doing 70.

No doubt overtaking someone doing 40 :(

You're right about the Warwickshire A roads like the Fosse Way :( but I'm pretty sure the limit on B roads is 50 mph and on C roads it's 40 mph.

Class of road has no bearing on the speed limit.  It's 70mph on all dual carriageways and motorways and 60mph on single carriageways regardless if rated as an  M, A, B or C road.    If there are compulsory round speed limit signs then the generalisation of 60 or 70 mph is of course reduced.

One other speed limit rule is- in built up areas with street lights a maximum of 200metres apart,  will deem that road to be limited to 30mph.