Superior Customer Service

Nemesis

Time to post a heart warmer.....

My VDO Speedometer was having moments of.......erm... 'being a tad vague' sometimes it was lucid enough to let me know what warp factor was engaged but I just don't want that conversation with the plod ...

So..... I rang the factory and...... was told they were made to order.

Any one of you that's met me will know that I'm a born cynic..... even if that model has been discontinued there must be a like for like-ish replacement..... after all VDO are a huge company!

Let the hunt for a replacement begin..... I was having visions of a new dashboard and hours of fun when good old Aunty Google finds a place called ETB Instruments in Southend.... I thought to myself "I'll ring them and see if they can repair mine....."

Here's the killer, "Got those in stock sir, sell em all the time....would you like it programmed with your calibration and mileage sir " and "could you accept delivery tomorrow sir", "sorry no says I, I'm at work"...... "oh no problem sir we can deliver to your work address"....

Awesome..... superb..... slick as..... 

Not enough nice words for the superb service.... THANK YOU ETB Instruments of Southend on Sea, 

Oh yeah and here's the killer bit that warmed me all over CHANGE OUT OF £200.

Nem.................

• Like 2

I had to send my 17 year old speedo to them for repair recently and their customer service was simply fantastic. 

Yes, only dealt with them for little things but ETB have been superb; my dash warning lights came from there, I noticed the main beam light was a little bit of an odd colour, rang them up to find out what it was supposed to be (!), it's not blue exactly, he did describe the colour, so sounded like mine was normal, non the less, I got a call back saying he'd made a new one up for me and changed the coloured filters, it was in the post. He asked me to see which one I preferred and just pop the other one in a Jiffy bag back to them.

Their reputation has always been superb though.

Full marks still though, as it's easy to let things slide in that situation.

Yep, VDO gauges don't change much, they may add a new range now and again but the old ones are still available.   Yes , ETB are a business for all others to emulate and handy because they are just up the road from me.

Paul, did ETB mark up your speedo with warp factors 1 to 9 ?

What a great idea...... I'll call on Monday, but warp 9 Bernie.......nooooo, don't forget the ASBO's nearly 16 years old it's only certified to 6..... any more than that and there are some horrendous noises that seem to originate from the passenger side.... sounds like Klingon, I think it's called Sage Wisdom !

etb are a excellent company