PMQs - is it just me...

John K

As I work from home... yes, yes, we all know working from home means I will still be in my dressing gown having just got up.

Actually I AM still in my dressing gown, but that's a different story...

Anyway, it means I can get lunch and watch the news at midday.

Except for Wednesdays when all the news channels seem to be showing live feeding time at the zoo.

What a braying bunch of buffoons, nothing of any use gets discussed and it is the most shameful display of partisan yah boo suck I have ever seen.

Seriously you stand more chance of a sensible debate in this section of the forum..!

No wonder I haven't voted for the last three elections.

And this isn't down to party politics, they are all as bad as each other.

And it's this lot who hold our futures in their hands. Give me strength...

Right going to get dressed now...

• Like 1

It is a FARCE and we are paying for it

Can you get me a job so I can work from your home too? Do you supply the dressing gowns or do I have to bring my own?

• Like 1

It's awful isn't it. Nothing but cheap points scoring to impress the rest of us (presumably). I can entirely understand total apathy toward voting, although I'd never advocate not doing so.

PMQ is nothing but a slapstick show. There is no meaningful work done on the day as all real work is done in committees.

We have the mother of parliaments but ours has become a dementia riddled shadow of what it was and what is needed.

The amount of work that goes on behind the scenes is incredible.  Fleets and fleets of civil servants, MPs and advisers doing nothing but putting the brief for the PM  together, trying to anticipate every question and devising a 'line to take'.  I got involved a bit when I worked in the MoD in the mid nineties.  Horrible job.  Taking the unvarnished truth and varnishing it!

I now work from home, too, as my own boss doing what I want to do, when I want to do it.  It can be hell, though...I do need some comfier slippers...  :)

I am led to believe that it was ever thus, even before television was allowed in the chamber. In my view it became a farce when radio was allowed to broadcast proceedings in the nineteen-seventies, and yet worse when the cameras were allowed in. I still retain a touching faith in the system as a whole, however, and believe the moderating effect of the Civil Service saves us from doom - usually...

If you can pick it up on iPlayer, I thoroughly recommend watching the three-part "Inside The Commons" series and you'll be even more discouraged by what you see.  Filibustering, time-wasting, party politics, skulduggery, and in short an utterly disheartening waste of time, effort and OUR money.  Disgusting in the extreme.

I shall still vote however, as it gives me the right to complain.

Filibustering, time-wasting, party politics, skulduggery, and in short an utterly disheartening waste of time, effort and OUR money. Disgusting in the extreme.

Took me a while to figure out I wasn't reading the meeting minutes from the last WSCC AGM...

Took me a while to figure out I wasn't reading the meeting minutes from the last WSCC AGM...

Oh, get clucked... :rolleyes::p:laugh:;)