Peak District March Monthly Meet Sun 15th

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Strines Inn, Mortimer Road, Sheffield, S6 6JE, 10.30 am Sunday 15th March. Come along for a tyre kicking chat and coffee followed by a drive around the Peak District if the weather is good.

So far the Bioman's are sunning themselves, MartynV and Sue are doing mother's day and Tricky is at Croft, so we need someone to talk to, anybody coming?

Brill, see you there. Anyone else? then we can make it a proper monkeys tea party.

Working, but still in kit form anyway. Not too long now though hopefully. :yes:

Still in bits after my reverse gear 'event'  gearbox should be back this weekend. so maybe next week

Sorry can't make this month, doing the whole Mother's Day thing. Hope you have a good run out.

OK Richard, thanks for letting me know. It's unfortunate that this months meet falls on Mothers Day. See you two next time.

Julie

We are caravaning next weekend and we are away for Easter so I'll see you back end of April and maybe 10th may for cars in the park if you fancy it. Got my ticket, I'll be looking very lonely in the club area on my own lol.

I do fancy going to the Cars in the Park but if it chucks it down I won't turn out. The organisers need to decide how much they need cars with no doors or a roof to display in their show. I will not pre pay unless they will accept it the day before.

Grumble over...see you late April, enjoy your holidays.

I understand that Julie, I'm not sure how late you can pre book. I'm quite lucky cause I got full wet gear, must admit, depends on how wet it is if I go or not.

Thank you to Barry, Andrew, Sean and Emma (Ormus Knight) for coming to the meet today. With the wicked Strines wind blowing we hurried inside to warm our toes in front of the real fire. Not before admiring the Westy built by Sean and Emma, what a beauty. Here, have a look then.

WSCC%20March%202015%20meet%20001_zpspedc

The only sensible thing to do really was to take it through the Peak District and proper show it off. It made a brill noise and I could even hear it through a beanie, a fur hat and over my noisy car. First thing we passed was a honking great white Lamborghini, which exchanged big smiles and waves, why are they always going in the opposite direction? Then it was a pose through pretty Castleton and up Winnats Pass before going down for the brill tight left hander and up up to Mam Nick. Then it's a go slow or you will take off, literally, as we go down to Edale taking in the views over Rushup Edge and Kinder. That landed us at The Rambler Inn and more real fires.

WSCC%20March%202015%20meet%20002_zpszn4i

A picture of a cute bum.

WSCC%20March%202015%20meet%20003_zpsrkhq

Well done Sean and Emma on building your car together, you must be very proud, let's hope next time we see you it's a tad warmer for you.

Next week everybody it's a meet at Ashbourne, see the separate post in 'Events' for details.

• Like 1

Hi Julie, passed though Sheffield this afternoon on my way back home from collecting my new westy  :cool: , I think I have something in common with Sean and Emma ! I had to do a double take when I saw the pics!!

mbnew%20car%201_zpsvjj0cu2e.jpg

• Like 1

Oh wow, what a coincidence. Let's hope we all get out together this summer and we can have fun with the photo's!

I am really glad you got another Westfield, see you soon.