Yamaha FS1 E's

Nemesis

The X7 was very fast but very skittish handling, the equivalent RD250 was much better handling but not quite as fast but my favourite was an early S1 Kawasaki triple. The S1 was as fast as the RD but sounds better! In my 250 days we had a lot of races every where but I was rarely beaten on the kwacker!!!

I ended up on H1 and H2 kawasaki triples…….the H2's fetch silly money now!!!!

I also have ridden a Suzuki kettle at lot but never owned one but still would like one now.

Pre-dating the LC era my favourite Yam has to be the RD400…..it was capable of taking on any bike on a road with a few bends!

I ended up on H1 and H2 kawasaki triples…….the H2's fetch silly money now!!!!

I also have ridden a Suzuki kettle at lot but never owned one but still would like one now.

Pre-dating the LC era my favourite Yam has to be the RD400…..it was capable of taking on any bike on a road with a few bends!

H1 (the 750 2 stroke triple) was lethal.  Fantastic power and engine in the worst handling frame ever!  Might as well have been made of rubber.  The GT750 (kettle) on the other hand was a very smooth machine and I was lucky enough to ride a couple in my time.  I saw one the other day in Cornwall having been very well looked after.  I was drooling all over it, which rather hacked off his riding mate on the sparkling new Ducati!  

Agree the RD400 was outstanding as a middleweight 2-Stroke, but I never had a go on one, unfortunately.

I didn't find the H2 as bad as its reputation, it just need a bit of a firm hand and ready supply of clean underwear  :laugh:

I ran the RD400 for some time and it was a giant killer, it would really nark 750 and 1000 riders to find they couldn't better the Yam. It is in the vein of a Westfield/sevenesque car, where all of the power can be used and with excellent braking and cornering it can out perform expensive high performance cars.

I raced RD400 in both production classes and full race classes to have some good sport with even some TZ350 racers!  

• Like 1