North Coast 500 aka Route66 Scottish version

I am just looking at doing a nearly identical route in May.

I love that top left corner by Loch Eriboll

Not sure yet but been buying everything ready to go. I was pretty open on the days but been going up there the past few years to Eriboll but first time in the westfield. Normally stay at fort William, Durness and Strathpeffer.

Me and wifey spent last week up at Dunkeld.  We ventured across to Fort Augustus (to The Bothy) and then up to Inverness and back down the A9 for a 200 mile round trip one day.  Weather was severe, lots of snow, loads of stags down from the mountain tops, great scenery and great hospitality.

Admittedly we did the driving around from the comfort of my 5 series but there are some awesome driving roads up there.....!

Good luck with the trip in Buttercup, things should be a tad milder in May...

IMG_20150224_102006_zpsvgtl0bh3.jpg

Hi Craig.

I normally go in my 5 series but always seem to end up doing 30mph.

Scenery is breathtaking.

Last year took my tandem bike but don't think I can get it on Buttercup.... Or could I

Thats one hell of a road trip..

:t-up:  :t-up:

How many days would it take realistically?

I would do that in 3 days quite comfortably but would depend how many places you wanted to stop of at.

No.

We stay in little B&B's but do blow the budget in Strathpeffer as a treat.

Some great places for £30.00 a night if you look. Bit basic but we only use them to sleep as I like to be out and about.

A lot of the roads are quite fast so don't think you need to do 40 all day long.

I don't see why you couldn't do it in 2, or 3 at a more leisurely pace.

Just to let you know I am one of ten cars taking part in their inaugral rally in May. All of the other cars are 'modern classics'

I will post more details as we go along.

In terms of time for this rally it will be a leisurely 4 day drive.

In mid summer there is the temptation to do the route in one go, but not much time for sight seeing

I am doing a eBay special road culminating in a knock hill track day on 25th may. Maybe see some of you there ?

lets get this sorted and just do it , it cant be that hard to meet in inverness an head off we dont have to camp just b and b it over 3/4 days use it as a holiday , i think there would be no other road trip like it.

• Like 2