Wheel dilemma of the day...

Quinten

Option 3 the 12mm spacers, then you can improve slightly the position of your wheels and should you change them in the future not be adding any more issues with short studs. "Measure twice and cut once" you never know when that 2mm will come in handy.

Bob :d.

• Like 2

Now that I am re-assured that grinding the studs ever so slightly (there is more than enough thread on the stud, the nuts have about 6mm thread above it) doesn't cause me to die in a horrible death (my driving style however...), I'll try that option first.

Tune in tomorrow for another drama... here on the WSCC ;)

Duf Duf der-duf duf der-der duf....

Duf Duf der-duf duf der-der duf....

How did you know his X-flow makes that sound !! :d :d

• Like 2

I'd be getting my hacksaw out, as others have said after putting a nut on first.

I don't like the idea of all those sparks flying about when grinding ;)

• Like 1

They look like Team Dynamics Qualifiers? Obsolete, rocking horse manure and really suit the car - so you gotta make them fit!

I practically gave a set of these away :|

Option 3 for me by the way. 

• Like 1

Just to close the thread, took the grinder to the front wheel bolts and successfully reduced the studs to just below the cover.  For the rears I decided that they could do with an additional 3mm spacer so they look slightly better in the rear arches.

2015-03-08+17_51_21.jpg

2015-03-08+17_52_06.jpg